Chapter Two: The Measure of Fear

Christine
Site Admin

Chapter Two: The Measure of Fear

Post by Christine »

Let’s get really Real – about fear and conversely about Love and vice-versa.

There is an adage that was used quite often by an older man I knew named Alejandro, that was the first time I heard it and like a zen kōan it stuck with me.

Admittedly puzzled at that time, she smiles now at her ignorance though readily confesses a certain innocence, a truer part is seen, a kernel of determination, stubborn even, a drive to discover, to unwrap, to reveal what he called Konocimiento, we call Knowledge.

“There are two sides to every coin, what is in the middle that holds them together?”

This was said often and in certain trying circumstances, as if there was a deeper meaning than may appear at a surface glance. Knowledge is something quite different than simply figuring out a word puzzle. The above is most likely read as a worn out idiom, I suggest it is a doorway and a passage to a deeper truth.

As it will tie in with the three questions worth asking. It seems at this current juncture all we see as reality is a variation on this theme:

Who am I?
Where did I come from?
Where am I going?

Here is the pickle, only you can answer the above, there isn’t an enlightened master, extraterrestrial race, best friend, lover, admirer or thousands of followers that can give you the answers. At best or worst (depends on what you are experiencing in any given moment and the quality you assign it) any other is but a reflection of/ for you to discover your Self in.

Fear is enmeshed in everything about you. That is a fact, so offered is a suggestion – list all the things; people, places, desires, unfinished business, needs, beliefs, structures, traditions, family members (the good ones and the bad ones), dramas, intellectual acumen, witty retorts, all the whatevers of your life that you cling to as you, as your identity.

Seriously, ask how much fear you experience at the thought of letting go of any of them, some of them, all of them? … that is the measure of your fear. It is quite easy to fool ourselves while we sit somewhat complacently within the confines of our homes, our jobs, our relationships. To step out of the matrix for Real is hardly ever attempted. Lets be real, the hard slap of reality is what you are really experiencing. No judgment, just a fact check.

May I suggest a deep ponder on the above, one that takes you out of the mind complex into the heart of the matter. Let observer come forward. What emerges? Sit with it.

She does this now, goes deeper into the field. She does this all the time now, can’t get away from the measure of her own fear.
We Fear Love.

“If you do not annihilate yourself, you will never know love. Some part of you must die. That something else or somebody else has to occupy that space within you that was you all this time. If you do not let this happen, there is no love, only calculation.” ― Sadhguru J. Vasudev

For her this is the real of “I die daily” … the identity dies painfully at times. Though when a piece flies off, is stripped away, is burned to ashes, what arises is an effervescence, bubbles of joy fill the vessel and laughter rings.

“Laughing at the universe liberated my life. I escape its weight by laughing. I refuse any intellectual translations of this laughter, since my slavery would commence from that point on.” ― Georges Bataille

My thoughts are nothing new; poets, mystics, metaphycians, artists, lovers and dreamers and deep thinkers are inspirations.
The inhale before the exhale. And the crux, the crossroads - how to BE-come Real.

Imploding in Love, not for the faint of heart when nothing less will do.

A litany, a test:

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
norman

Re: Chapter Two: The Measure of Fear

Post by norman »

Christine wrote:
.............May I suggest a deep ponder on the above, one that takes you out of the mind complex into the heart of the matter. Let observer come forward. What emerges? Sit with it. ...............
I don't know where to start.

One thing though, I don't think fear is a mindkiller, I think it's a heart killer. The mind can go on for 'ever' being in fear, the heart can't.

I wonder if what you mean by mind in relation to what fear does to it, is actually something else entirely from mind.

Have you ever tried meditation on your primary senses with no mental intervention at all?. It's bloody hard to do, but incredibly good for clearing up the fuzzy confusion between your mind's highest aspirations and your heart's highest aspirations.

What you call a deep ponder ( above ) is an interesting notion that needs clarification. I define a ponder as a mental excercise. I'm sure no amount of mental pondering will get you to where your heart aspires for you.
"The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy." -- Charles de Montesquieu
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

hey norman,

Thanks for the questions, let me ponder them. Seriously ponder is a term we came up with while wrestling with some impenetrable questions/ dangerous issues/ illusions, etc. your name it. So our use of ponder is when the heart and mind work in unison, each distinct and yet harmonized. The heart delves and the mind (lucid mind) reveals.

In the soon to be released ... drum roll ... video with Shezbeth we speak about fear/ apprehension, there is a difference. Fear can be paralyzing, it keeps you from letting go. Apprehension can be defined as the senses alert to something isn't right. Frankly I can't take it apart, that is divide it from what I call the heart-mind complex or alignment that brings one to a state of gnosis.

The best I seem to be able to do is alliterate it through poetical prose.

And yes, sitting with an empty mind is a great exercise ... though IMHO it is not the end all at all. Focused intent that penetrates into the, dare I say it? Void, that is where wisdom and knowledge emerge from.

Gee, hope this helps.
norman wrote:
Christine wrote:
.............May I suggest a deep ponder on the above, one that takes you out of the mind complex into the heart of the matter. Let observer come forward. What emerges? Sit with it. ...............
I don't know where to start.

One thing though, I don't think fear is a mindkiller, I think it's a heart killer. The mind can go on for 'ever' being in fear, the heart can't.

I wonder if what you mean by mind in relation to what fear does to it, is actually something else entirely from mind.

Have you ever tried meditation on your primary senses with no mental intervention at all?. It's bloody hard to do, but incredibly good for clearing up the fuzzy confusion between your mind's highest aspirations and your heart's highest aspirations.

What you call a deep ponder ( above ) is an interesting notion that needs clarification. I define a ponder as a mental excercise. I'm sure no amount of mental pondering will get you to where your heart aspires for you.
norman

Post by norman »

Christine wrote:
....Gee, hope this helps.....
Dang !.... I was trying to help you....

That empty void you mention, drat, it's that mental void again. That's what's so inadequate about the mind, it's got no heart, so it has to forever mimick the heart, or even worse, if it's playing with ego, steal from the heart, and give it no credit for what it gives up freely to the mind.
"The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy." -- Charles de Montesquieu
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Ok, well dang!

The Void is NOT the mind. It is the Fullness from which All exists. The mind, okay... here is how I see it, is like a screen when empty it is able to receive signals from the most distant to the most intimate realms. A free mind is a beautiful thing, unfortunately most minds are contaminated and quite useless for penetrating the vastness.

Yeah, I know the whole mind of god thing ... lets leave that aside for the moment. Here someone sent this to me as an illustration of what we are talking about.

and a nice little M. Tsarion quote just popped up on my Skype: the pre-conscious metaphysical reservoir within
norman wrote:
Christine wrote:
....Gee, hope this helps.....
Dang !.... I was trying to help you....

That empty void you mention, drat, it's that mental void again. That's what's so inadequate about the mind, it's got no heart, so it has to forever mimick the heart, or even worse, if it's playing with ego, steal from the heart, and give it no credit for what it gives up freely to the mind.
norman

Post by norman »

errrm..... you do know..... don't you...?.....

That the words in that image are a mental construct...... a clever one.. but a mental construct, none the less....

The only thing I need to know about the source of those words is how greatful that mind was for that clever refinement of it's confusion by some means of contemplation or other that was graced by a 'touch' from the heart, that turned into those words, in place of the pure grace.

For the time being, I think I need to shut off on this and let what I have so far said, settle, either in rejection, or acceptance, or in a merger, a SLOW one.
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

I don't have much to add at the moment, but wanted to say what my notion of ponder is. When I ponder, I do use my mind to bring a concept, question, or idea to the forefront of my mind. But then, after allowing myself to fully explore, which is a mental exercise, then I purposefully shut down my conscious mind, as best I can, and just sit in silence to see what pictures emerge. I try not to think about what I see with my inner vision, but just to observe as long as I can, not filling in the blanks about what it means.

I have actually been doing this a long time, but didn't realize how valuable and amazing this process was, until I had the opportunity to do this with others at the same time. Then, I began to get a clue that this process can provide incredible insights that do assist in seeing a much bigger picture. It can reveal details about almost anything that you could want to know. The beauty of doing it with a small group is that I receive a great deal of validation, which then engenders more confidence in myself and inner knowing. I have sat with images taking form in my mind without verbally sharing, just to have someone else begin to describe exactly what I am seeing. Sometimes there are even physical sensations, smells and sounds, that accompany these inner visions. Where does it all come from? The subconscious, the higher mind, the morphogenic field that surrounds everything? Maybe all of those. I don't know, but it does work, for me anyway.

And yes, using words to describe what we see is a mental process, but until we fully regain our telepathic abilities, I'm afraid we are stuck with it.

In case this seems off topic, I wanted to add that what I described above has also helped me identify deeply hidden fears of unknown origin, and bring them into the light of day, so that they can be dis-spelled.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Pluto's Child

Post by Pluto's Child »

The deepest fears are those that do not have words & can't be pinned onto things like loss of an object or relationship in my experience, they are often deep in the subconscious & darker parts of the body like the kidneys & pre verbal instincts.

When you cannot trust your own thoughts to be more than echos of parental patterning or excuses for things the mind doesn't understand why it's doing, that is fear, and the very thing you need to face it can't be trusted not to be complicit.

It can seem like something "else" is in control, and it might be, it could be the mind being too open & overwhelmed by others who share your immediate morphic field, or it could be some entity manipulating it for effect.

How often do we make excuses that aren't valid, they just sound "reasonable" either to others or ourselves out of fear of what lies beneath ?
norman

Post by norman »

I'm reminded of something a friend told me about a conversation he once had with a secret service person. It was about what we observe, or THINK we observe.

He asked him to look up the hill, he said "what do you see". His reply was " a house". He said, really?... are sure about that?

"What do you mean?". "Well doesn't a house have 4 walls and a roof etc"...... "yes"..... "how many walls can you see?"........ "2"...... "well, you can not see a house then, can you".
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Fear is the root of much anger.
I've noticed as I age from 20s into 30s that I notice the connection more & more between fear & anger.

Fear & anger are both mind killers and heart killers, as you guys pointed out.

But some discover that confronting fear helps lessen unrelated anger. When you see a daredevil you are, for example, seeing a very wounded person who survives anger by taking a healthy dose of fear.

As the doctors used to say, the best medicines are poison in larger amounts.

When we age into our 40s we either start being OK with who we are, learning peace. Or we might as well kiss heart, mind & ass goodbye forever.

We learn to coexist with the earth or it reabsorbs us that much sooner.

It is curious how humanity is always looking for s surrogate, whether a feeling, a religion, etc it's got to be something. Hence the wisdom of buddhism which teaches detachment (i dont live that way lol)
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper

Return to “christine’s journal | Template assimilator, Dream weaver”