The Whole World Laughing Podcast: Episode Fifteen - Phil B

Christine
Site Admin

The Whole World Laughing Podcast: Episode Fifteen - Phil B

Post by Christine »

Did you ever wonder who donk was, how he thinks, how he speaks? Here is your chance, highly recommended. Synergy with Shane... wow guys!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esHpfr5f7NA[/youtube]

Phil B joins The Whole World Laughing Podcast to discuss the lies we tell ourselves.

He shares his personal experiences and asks the host some questions as well. His honest desire to find truth and know himself is wonderful and made for a fun conversation with many laughs.

~We love Phil... Phil likes to flick his pen... We forgive Phil ;) ~
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Phil

Re: The Whole World Laughing Podcast: Episode Fifteen - Phil B

Post by Phil »

Thanks Christine, it was a lot of fun. Shane's doing a lot of what I see you doing, trying to go a different direction from the path (pattern, loops) we've grown accustomed to in this particularly arena, specifically getting "regular" folk to open up and share their experience and insight, whilst demystifying the "alt-media celeb" role (by opening up himself, especially in being open to direct questioning).

Whether I believe pieces of his story or not, and even whether I believe HE believes them or not, he's careful to disclose he's always open to being wrong...that what he is transmitting is what he wants others to believe he "knows" right now, take it or leave it. Being willing to work it out in a public way, open to scrutiny and judgment and on a medium perfect for providing feedback is an excellent example, the standard by which I feel anyone coming forward should be held to.

Additionally, bringing forward previously unknown people, getting them to open up and share is much more interesting to me than listening to n-th retelling of a celeb's same story, I think it is a lot of fun hearing people letting their guard down (as he tends to get folks to do) and openly share what they think is important. If nothing else, it is wonderful to see him provide a mirror snapshot for a diverse array of individuals to be able to reflect upon, while the audience gets affirmation, data, and/or a different perspective.

I think one really important angle he personally provided is one that many suspect but not too many "celebs" care to admit, at around the 1:01 where he talks about his experience in what I think of as the "old boys' club" of ufology/alt-media. Pressing BR for insight on my (year old) suspicions is what I think wore his patience down with me...and back then the "noise" and speculation I picked up made it sound like he was sort of on the outside of the club looking in, though even then he wouldn't delve into his relationships (specifically with DW during the rise of CG)...if I was still concerned with what he was doing, I'd be paying close attention to what he has to say about him these days, considering back then he managed to get away with distancing himself from Corey while "no commenting" on Wicock (it wasn't clear then that they were intimately connected as it is now).

Anyways, it seems apparent that there time in the sun is continually dimming, hopefully stuff like the direction of the WWL and EE is a sign that the collective can grow past the Authority Paradigm and start appreciating our own authority.
What is the purpose of your presence?
Christine
Site Admin

Re: The Whole World Laughing Podcast: Episode Fifteen - Phil B

Post by Christine »

Phil wrote:Thanks Christine, it was a lot of fun. Shane's doing a lot of what I see you doing, trying to go a different direction from the path (pattern, loops) we've grown accustomed to in this particularly arena, specifically getting "regular" folk to open up and share their experience and insight, whilst demystifying the "alt-media celeb" role (by opening up himself, especially in being open to direct questioning).

Anyways, it seems apparent that there time in the sun is continually dimming, hopefully stuff like the direction of the WWL and EE is a sign that the collective can grow past the Authority Paradigm and start appreciating our own authority.
Phil ... awesome post, your analysis along with your self honesty is refreshing.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.

Return to “The Whole World Laughing - Shane”