Tails of a Tiger | The Doors in Retrospect

Christine
Site Admin

Tails of a Tiger | The Doors in Retrospect

Post by Christine »

So strange these days of remembrance ... This one keeps coming back to me so it wants to be written.

When I was fifteen or sixteen and had found my first revelations by smoking weed, as it was called then, my perceptions forever changed. Still in high school, maybe my last year in junior high I was part of a gymnastics group and we were tasked with performing a dance to the music of our choice.

A little background to set the scene. I lived in a cul-de-sac in San Diego, the friends that shared this dead end street with me were, my boyfriend Bill, his best friend Bill and Gina and Judy, two sisters who couldn't have been more different in character and appearance. We named our cul-de-sac Happy Pond.

I lived next door to Judy and Gina, and they lived next door to a retired rear admiral in the Navy who was close friends with their father. I spent a lot of time in their downstairs bedroom, doing what teenage girls do; dreaming and trying to figure out boys. :) We would also sneak out at night in Judy's boyfriend's car, a 1953 Buick to smoke weed and listen to music.

So to wind back to my tale, one day arriving at the girls house they were a buzz with news! Jim Morrison was coming to visit his father next door. Wanting to catch a glimpse we hung ourselves up and over the flat board fence peering into the yard next door, we didn't catch sight of our then idol though surely something transpired, I can still feel it, the falling out of father and son.

Flash forward to the gym, my friends and I practiced a dance which I choreographed to Jim Morrison's song The Crystal Ship. Something inside me guided as we went over the movements again and again ... in retrospect I see a young woman who had no fear, who allowed herself a gift untethered to any other perception other than an inner flow.

On the day of the performance, we dancers entranced by the music and movement moved the whole of the gymnasium. In re-call I feel it now. Life is a wonderment of living one's own prophecy.

Post Script - What happen after that is the long tail of a tiger, for as we know history took us down a dark corridor.

"The Crystal Ship"

Before you slip into unconsciousness
I'd like to have another kiss
Another flashing chance at bliss
Another kiss, another kiss

The days are bright and filled with pain
Enclose me in your gentle rain
The time you ran was too insane
We'll meet again, we'll meet again

Oh tell me where your freedom lies
The streets are fields that never die
Deliver me from reasons why
You'd rather cry, I'd rather fly

The crystal ship is being filled
A thousand girls, a thousand thrills
A million ways to spend your time
When we get back, I'll drop a line
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.

Return to “Tiger Tales – the dark side”