The Tiger makes a leap ...

Christine
Site Admin

The Tiger makes a leap ...

Post by Christine »

She makes a leap and continues her tale. Perhaps with time it will become clear to as to why.

As I was weaving the story above it was obvious to me that I would be writing for months on end, time that is better put to other things. However today while contemplating the scenery and watching the first rays of sunlight diffusing through the eastern window it was given to me to write a bit more.

We finally met Alejandro along with his wife and son, thus began the adventure that took me away from the known.

She recalls that first meeting in his home, suppressing her somewhat elitist taste in decoration as she sits in this Mexican box of a house, clashing colors and trinkets decorating the sharp edged furnishings. She knows she will be called to let go of who she believes she is, this she embraces, so plays along with the game. There is a nervous energy that permeates the spaces between the objects sitting in that room. Not much is said, a formality as we sit intently perched on the edges of our chairs. She giggles nervously, always watching for an entry.

Alejandro brings out a samurai sword, black handled in an ornate black sheath, somewhat wicked it feels. The sword is passed from hand to hand, she takes it and knows not what to do, the meaning is lost on her. Should she be reverent, afraid, or something else she knows he is looking for?

Alejandro exclaims to Rosendo rather disgustingly … “None of them are prepared!” The sword is taken back and put away. She sees Rosendo tremble inside, she wonders if he lacks resolve.

The reader might see here the themes that had a beginning for me here, what was played to bring out my current rather deep comprehension of the Cosmic Sword.

Thus our lots are cast to a further shore. I will pick up the tale here; having left home, Pete, business, family and friends the journey had spiraled the Mandato to a new location on the Pacific coast of Mexico, a somewhat ramble-shack dusty beach town that still had the local fishermen selling their catch and then land to the arriving gringos. It took us many months to find housing and set up the businesses, I was part of the scout team along with Lorena and Victor, back and forth, we ripped up the road in jovial hilarity, surely masking some of the deeper feelings hiding in our subconscious mind, these would be all be revealed in good time.

Once we were all at the beach the fun began. (Let me quickly add that Pete after being left decided to arrive, he too entered the Mandato.)

Midnight calls awaken her from deep sleep. Commandeered to the local discothèques, beers and drinks ordered as mini-skirted we ladies dance for hours on end. At first it was only Alejandro who called us out, later the men would join us … reluctant to show themselves as freely as we did.

Other late nights prowling in group we walk to the jetty’s end as moon light ripples on the water on both sides. The ocean waves lapping the shore always knowing, eternally sharing her secrets to those who learned to listen.

She smiles in the recall of what surely was a strange sight; dapper and bearded Alejandro setting the pace, much for an 83 year old man. Trailing along beside him are Rosendo, short, dark and serious, Carolina, her brother's twin flashing her rebellious grin. Pete followed next, balding and tall, the scientist. Then came Victor, lanky with pale moonlit skin with dark powered Lorena beside him. Then Esther, Alex, Cate and finally Carmen, tall elegant princess of titled airs. And her laughing, she is always laughing. Alejandro lets out a yowl, we follow his lead. Cats howling in a cacophony of meows and hisses on a dusty moonlit seaside street.

Alejandro dubbed me with many names, seemingly in the spirit of play, La Muñeca came first then Calypso … Guinevere and finally Lucy made herself known. She searched for the significance of this inside herself, she knew he said nothing that did not bear weight.

Siren of the sea she is sent to make contact with Arturo whose beach front palapa restaurant is a short block from the bistro café we have established. Well met we spend many hours there, wooden tables on a sandy floor, hammocks strung between the palapa’s poles perfect for the hot afternoons of summer’s blaze. She returns easily to the idyllic life of sandy beach, swimming for hours in a warm sea … panga boat rides and the day’s fresh catch. What lure of ching-ching cash has taken this life away? That would be a story for another day.

Now she is teasingly named Guinevere and is somehow charged with the alliance of the Ark of the Covenant. She smiles now at her naïveté. She never asked, she was supposed to know the hidden meaning in this. Days ran to nights and flowed back again, there was a timelessness to the space created by the interrupted sleep and sometime seventeen hour work days. Prodigious energy flowed.

There was a dark underside to all this outward pouring, the long nights in our shuttered café deep in study, questions were asked. Some nights spent on the further elucidation of the The Konceptos and the Kosmos. The more disturbing ones were spent in delving our inner selves with all eyes peering in… and there was always Luxbel, HL as we called this one, the enemy.

She knows that she rebels and dare not let it be known. She has remembered this fallen regidor (regent) she is instructed to distrust and defeat. She remembers well how she followed this Bright One into the void, the fractured space. Guilt and shame permeate her space.

Alejandro, like many masterful teachers instructed in metaphor and alliteration, often in studied irony he would state the opposite of what he wanted us to learn. He was mostly disappointed in us, I see his reason for this now. She recalls a story Alejandro would repeat over and over. He would share the same details of the relationship with Laura, his beloved, who he assured us was Luxbel in the flesh. How he was in mortal battle with Her. She pauses here for effect.[/i]

I will insert here that he often would say we are all looking for our media naranja (the other half of our orange) I was never sure if he meant it the way he said it, I am sure now.

He would tragically state he had lost his battle with HL. She thought then that he meant the devil, Laura had won. She now knows that he, Alejandro meant he had lost the battle inside his Self, the devil had won within him.

Thus I was nick-named Lucy, the devil that had to be defeated. My rebellion was seen, I became the object of ridicule and scorn. Such was the dark descent that led me out of the Mandato, cursed for eternity.

She smiles now for the student is now the teacher. She knows that Alejandro appreciates this in full.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Phil

Re: The Tiger makes a leap ...

Post by Phil »

As I was weaving the story above it was obvious to me that I would be writing for months on end, time that is better put to other things. However today while contemplating the scenery and watching the first rays of sunlight diffusing through the eastern window it was given to me to write a bit more.
No way, time spent writing is as good as any, and I like reading it...keep it up
What is the purpose of your presence?
Christine
Site Admin

Re: The Tiger makes a leap ...

Post by Christine »

Thanks Phil, seems there is more she has to say.
Phil wrote:
No way, time spent writing is as good as any, and I like reading it...keep it up
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.

Return to “Tiger Tales – the dark side”