The Four Agreements

Moonlight

Re: The Four Agreements

Post by Moonlight »

I have to say, I laughed mostly because I saw myself in you... when I start bucking at something.... hahaha... it happened to me recently, so it was fresh in my memory. I too have the blessing of a very wise daughter. When I finally stopped and opened up, I was in a better place and sharing could happen.

My cultural "dream" is very different from yours. People are not that religious here... most are good non-practicing catholics. They are only catholics when it suits them. haha..

You have the gift of words Blue. Your beautiful energy shines wherever you go, whether you want it or not. I'm sure your explanation of what samadhi is bounced in the mind of the tennis girls. haha... they just brought it to their level of understanding.

You are an inspiration to me... I have not done yoga in 10 years, I stopped when my mom got really sick and I put myself on the back burner. I gained a lot of weight since. I tried going back a couple of times, but I cannot follow the movement of the class, so I stop. My body loves yoga, a meditation in movement. So... I'm being nudged... get back to it, seriously!

I saw this on my FB feed a while back. I thought I'd share. It's probably not pastor approved ... haha !

[youtube]https://youtu.be/dqGdWoW-GT8[/youtube]
Om Mani Padme Hum
Phil

Post by Phil »

Off Topic
He does not address the fact that the Earth itself/Herself cannot actually be domesticated. The dirt is the material container for the intelligent consciousness. Creation. Spirit manifest in/as Matter. The “dream” which he calls the domestication of the planet...hooey. The human collective consciousness is in, on, and around the planet. It is our falling level of consciousness of our his/herstory that we deal with...those who are awakened to this Truth. If he is using the word planet where he should actually use the word human consciousness, or where he means to indicate how widespread the shared dream is....that is a different matter. But he does not specify. Is he saying that we, as a shared consciousness, dream the planet into existence? Unclear also. I would agree to some extent with that particular interpretation, as we the Divine Consciousness have been involved as Creator from Mystery beginning to Mystery end...which do not exist.
It seems to me (and I haven't read the book or further down this thread), that we live in a nightmare where a force seems to be tricking us into aiding its goal of attempting to domesticate the planet (whether you believe that's possible or not)
What is the purpose of your presence?
Blue Rising

Post by Blue Rising »

Phil wrote:It seems to me (and I haven't read the book or further down this thread), that we live in a nightmare where a force seems to be tricking us into aiding its goal of attempting to domesticate the planet (whether you believe that's possible or not)
I don't know whether to agree with you or disagree with you, haha. Or neither or both...that depends on what you mean by domesticate and what you mean my planet. I said the same thing about the author of this book...it depends on what he is referring to when he uses these terms.
Do not fashion me a maiden who needs saving from the dragons. I am the Dragon. And I will eat you whole.
Phil

Post by Phil »

I said THE planet, and I meant this rock I'm on, that I believe you are as well, several hundred miles away but on the same "literal thing"

By domesticate I mean OWN, to shape it--bend its will to my own.
What is the purpose of your presence?
Blue Rising

Post by Blue Rising »

Moonlight wrote:
[youtube]https://youtu.be/dqGdWoW-GT8[/youtube]
This is amazing. Thank you so much!!

I inspire you? Eegads. Well, thank you for that. Yoga meets us all exactly where we are. Yoga doesn't care how flexible we are, what religion we are, what our body types are. I agree, absolutely, the fluidity is moving meditation.

My teacher drilled into me that it is important just to get on the mat every day. Maybe only for 5 minutes, but maybe for an hour.

I had a terrible time finding a yoga I like, since the nearby studio closed and the teacher moved away. I searched youtube. I found an extremely challenging teacher, Anita Goa, who does yoga by the moon phases. Highly recommend it...however... I can't keep up with her either. That isn't the point though. That isn't the goal of yoga. So it doesn't bother me that I can't keep up.

Seane Corn is a beast, but a very good teacher of asanas. She takes time to explain the physical placement of each asana. Once I had that down, I could move on to breath and energy work. And learning about my own Connections.

Somehow I have started to ramble again. Oops.

Have you seen this on fb? I found it on youtube, but the necessity of this mechanical voice is beyond me...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plasm_a43o0[/youtube]

I have to say...I really appreciate you and neonblue...and Phil...and...just everybody here. You touch a soft spot in me, and encourage me. You honestly help me to Remember.
Do not fashion me a maiden who needs saving from the dragons. I am the Dragon. And I will eat you whole.
Blue Rising

Post by Blue Rising »

Blue Rising

Post by Blue Rising »

Phil wrote:I said THE planet, and I meant this rock I'm on, that I believe you are as well, several hundred miles away but on the same "literal thing"

By domesticate I mean OWN, to shape it--bend its will to my own.
In that case, Phil, I have not decided. Three months ago, I would have agreed with you. But that experience I had with the Ginormous Lady...that changed my opinion. Or complicated it.

I don't have a word for what happened...I connected? I opened up and channeled Her? I shared her consciousness? I opened up to the intelligent field, as Christine says sometimes? I am not sure at this point whether the Higher Me is even capable of understanding Her. Or maybe my mind isn't capable...This is so tricky to talk about.

But...after having that experience, I have a hard time believing anyone or anything could manipulate or domesticate Her, in any degree whatsoever. Unless She allowed it. And at this moment, my best theory based on what I have experienced on this journey is that She hasn't changed at all. We have.

I see the same issue you do, though, that there are outside forces trying to further an agenda. One of my earlier comments about this book is that the author does not address that. I think those who have talked to me about this book are correct, it is a very good beginning taste of ancient wisdom hidden away. It doesn't seem like that big of deal I guess, once you pick it up after already knowing this information. The big deal I see is that this wisdom is now being uncovered and shared from may different cultures. The different metaphors, the different languages used, can help so many people awaken. The odds for people beginning spiritual/Truth journeys get better as each way of describing this reality is presented. Actually, not that this information is "new" at all...just more accessible.
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

Blue Rising wrote:Have you seen this on fb? I found it on youtube, but the necessity of this mechanical voice is beyond me...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plasm_a43o0[/youtube]
No... I had not seen it ! Gawd... if she can do it, I have no more excuses.... well, I'm more than twice her age, but it does not matter.

I do have a good hatha teacher, from way back then. She is also very encouraging, always telling me that I must follow my own rhythm. The problem is with me... I'm the one making all the excuses, as if I wanted to sabotage all that I can be. Everything that I hear, see, read these days tell me that it's ok... I'm ok, and I can make it.

I think we all inspire each other here, at least, that's the way I choose to see it.

Bless you.
Om Mani Padme Hum
Blue Rising

Post by Blue Rising »

I want to finish what I started with The Four Agreements. I should not have been surprised that the class only discussed half of this book, focusing on the mental exercise of discussing these agreements from the perspective of individuals who could find a level of self improvement from them. The nature of reality as described with the metaphor of the dream was beyond the scope of discussion, which is just as well. It's too bad, really.

1-Be Impeccable With Your Word
The consensus of the class was that your words have power. You can change a child's life with a harsh word, the scars of such can mold the way the see themselves and the world. You can change a stranger's life with a positive word, as we do not know what life experiences have brought anyone to this one moment. A kind word can be the encouragement someone needs if they are secretly contemplating something as serious as ending their physical existence. One lady thought it was somehow quaint and cute that those who use harsh words can be called black magicians, those who weave their words in a positive way can be called white magicians.

There was an emphasis on self talk also. This goes back to the dream metaphor, because the dreams we accept from our authority figures in our youth give us a book of judgment by which we compare ourselves to everyone else and to the standards already in place. We create hell on earth by the very judgments we make daily. We can, however, create heaven on earth of we shed these judgments and belief systems and inherited dreams. Rather than creating from fear and judgment, we can create from a place of acceptance which is powerful enough to change the existence here.

Though this book clearly states there is energy behind thoughts, which become words, which create our reality, this was not even mentioned in the class. The focus was on mindfulness. The focus was on each of us being aware of our self talk and the words we put out into the world.

I was once these people. I remember discussing these concepts...concepts like the importance of positive thinking and positive self talk. And how these affect the way we view the world, our quality of life. I remember having no clue how deep this was, and really not knowing how literal this was because I didn't realize how the energy of creation flows from us, through us. I remember having no idea that thoughts reside in the great thought bubble of consciousness outside/inside myself...no idea that these originate in their mind/the matrix/what have you. Not only was I once these people, but without Reminders I revert back when I forget.

It was hard, though, listening to (and be expected to participate in) a discussion at this level.
Last edited by Blue Rising on Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blue Rising

Post by Blue Rising »

2-Don't Take Anything Personally

As we interact with virtually thousands of other people, we do so from the perspective that only our own life experience can produce. This is an egocentric position. Therefore, the natural inclination is to accept and process everything as it applies to "me." Actually, everyone speaks from this perspective, but nothing should be received as such. At the very simplest level, a person can say "Your new haircut is flattering to your face shape" or "your new haircut makes your face look to round." Which one is true? Both. Because statements about me are not about me, they are about the other person's assessment and about the person making the statement. And neither. Because statements about me are not about me, the are about the other person's assessment and about the person making the statement. That was the extent of the class discussion.

On a more profound level, there is much to learn about the statements that hit our ears. When someone else's ideas bother us, is it not precisely all about "me?" Actually....yes, it is. Because what I agree with or what bothers me shows me emotional attachments. When my pain body is triggered or poked, I am shown something that I need to look into. I am shown where I need to dive in and clear some sludge.

That said, again...it was a start. On the surface level, the world honestly would be a better place if no one owned anyone else's crap, and if no one relied on outside opinions to define self.

Return to “The Voice of 1”