Dissolving Ego Tensions

“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
― Rumi
Anders

Re: Dissolving Ego Tensions

Post by Anders »

Christine wrote:Anders, step away from the technological fuckery of Ray Kurzweil... When we see that life and death are a natural continuum of the energy flows, when Spirit is the all pervasive reality the tensions around aging and death evaporate. What we are dealing with is "Trauma" or as you so often state the Pain Body, individual and collective trauma.
Ha ha, you may be correct about stepping away from Kurzweil's technological predictions. The reason for why I still have a technological solution as an option is in case the spiritual path will fail to defeat death in this lifetime. And to show just how deep the aging and death tension is, here is Tess Hughes explaining in the beginning of the interview how the thought of death is a massive trauma that needs to be healed. The difference I think between Hughes and most other people is that in her case the trauma was very much brought up to a conscious level (not the whole trauma; she still believes on a conscious level that living a full lifespan and then die is ok it seems), while the usual response is for people to repress much of it and push it down to a subconscious level.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4ryOtHRiZg[/youtube]

Spiritual enlightenment is incomplete as I see it when the body ages and dies. And our evolution as humanity remains on a separation level, where the body appears and is experienced as separate and dying.
Anders

Post by Anders »

Deadly orgone is, deadly. I think it's important to avoid setting up mental limitations for how far the dissolving of tensions can go. Therefore, at least, with all the deadly orgone transformed into neutral and positive orgone, the body starts to regenerate instead of degenerate as in biological aging. If we hold the belief that biological aging is inevitable, then that might prevent the deeper tensions from being dissolved.

There is a deep fear that goes along with the fear of death and that is the fear of living forever. The mind can freak out by the mere thought of endless time. So that's something to be careful about and also something that goes together with the death tension. To soften up that kind of fear it's useful to remember that the present moment is the active reality and that time is a flow of information experienced in the now moment.
Anders

Post by Anders »

The ego is very much connected with money. In today's world money is at the very bottom, the level of survival, of Maslow's hierarchy of needs. And since the ego-mind is unable to control money without conflicts and strife, the ego tensions related to money are enormous. This explains why personal financial problems and issues are so burdensome and can be so worrisome.

The good thing is that when the tensions related to money dissolve, the worry about money goes away because they go together. Don't underestimate the humongous depth and strength of the money tensions though. Nevertheless, when tensions related to money are noticed, the conscious awareness, like putting a spotlight on the problem, starts to dissolve those hard, heavy and massive money tensions in the body and mind.
Anders

Post by Anders »

In addition to money, another cause of nasty tensions is calendar time. We need calendar time for when to pay bills, to plan meetings and events etc. And the ego wants to be in control, which is good but the problem is that the ego is too limited to efficiently deal with calendar time so a lot of tensions build up in the body and mind.

Dissolving tensions related to calendar time can be done by going deeper than the thoughts into feeling the tensions related to time. That can be really challenging because the thoughts related to time are so very strong, carried by a heavy layer of emotions. One strategy that is easy is to simply recognize the limitation of the ego and that more personal power for how to manage calendar time comes when dissolving the ego tensions. It may seem like surrender but in fact its an expansion of the ego making it connected to the calendar time issues in the whole society.

Instead of me dealing with calendar time with my limited and separate ego, I dissolve the ego tensions which allows information to flow in from the outside world, and actually in some ways expands the ego. And then harmonious thoughts and feelings can come about how to handle events and situations in time more efficiently and intelligently than if I were to try to do that with the more isolated, separate and smaller ego.
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Because we aren't able to completely dissolve what you are calling ego tensions, and boy are you right that the money/ time construct plays a huge role in keeping us in a continual state of apprehension, we haven't reached a level of pure consciousness that allows us to take our body with us in transition. I have always "known' or should say the body holds memory that we haven't unlocked yet that is is possible.

Many years ago reading Carlos Castaneda and sharing with a friend who followed the sorcerer's path to freedom it was spoken of as the "leap to infinity" which Don Juan and a few others made. This leap meant they left this plane of existence body and all intact ...

Recently listened to Sethikus Boza on OffPlanet radio and when he says that is the ultimate available to us I found myself nodding in adamant agreement. That this is well known in alchemical circles, that this is the key to immortal life (which is transiting one plane or dimension of existence intact) has been the search of all philosophers, mystics and sages and I should add it is the golden fruit that the elitist look for through their perversions. Perhaps with the advent of so much information being shared via the internet (secret teachings are available) more will find the Philosophers Stone, the fire lit from within, eternal and pure.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-csUyl2J3E[/youtube]
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Anders

Post by Anders »

Christine wrote: Recently listened to Sethikus Boza on OffPlanet radio and when he says that is the ultimate available to us I found myself nodding in adamant agreement.
Something I found very interesting in that interview is what Boza says from about 1 hour and 5 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-csUyl2J3E&t=1h5m" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Boza said that age regression is already possible, and there are people in Tibet who are 350 years old that we don't hear about. And even though a remarkable claim like that needs to be backed up by remarkable evidence I'm open to the idea that the story is true. And if true it's suppressed knowledge! Those ruling and controlling the world don't want us to know about the powers we already have.
Anders

Post by Anders »

There are several layers of tensions. We can use our conscious mind to relax the muscles in the body.

"Muscles that are under your conscious control are called voluntary muscles, while muscles that are not under your conscious control are called involuntary muscles." -- https://www.ck12.org/book/CK-12-Life-Sc ... tion/11.9/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Relaxing the voluntary muscles or softening the involuntary muscles with massage is only the first layer of tensions. After a massage the involuntary muscles will quickly become tense again because the subconscious programs remain the same. In order to dissolve subconscious tensions they first need to be brought into conscious awareness, such as with inner body mindfulness practice.

After some practice of noticing the deeper tensions inside the body we get conscious control over even the subconscious layer! And then we can dissolve the deeper tensions in a similar way as when relaxing voluntary muscles with the mind.
Anders

Post by Anders »

Something spiritual teachers suck at is dissolving tensions in the body, well, I'm exaggerating a bit, what I mean is that they could go deeper into dissolving tensions. One thing they are extremely good at is relaxing the mind! So I was thinking that by learning from spiritual teachers and spiritual traditions to relax the mind it can then be extended into the body.

One problem is that it seems to take decades of sincere meditation to relax the mind, or a spontaneous spiritual awakening caused by immense suffering or trauma, such as Ramana Maharshi having a spiritual awakening after having almost died (or believed he did). Eckhart Tolle awoke after unbearable thoughts of not being able to live with himself anymore. And Byron Katie in misery, sleeping in an attic woke up spiritually when a cockroach crawled over her foot. Tibetan monks have been tested scientifically and they show strong abilities to calm their minds, and they have decades of serious mindfulness meditation.

So what to do to calm the mind without immense trauma or decades of meditation? My new strategy is to dissolve tensions in both mind and body by moving the attention into the body and into the thinking mind at the same time. This is tricky to do at first because ordinary conscious attention can easily be in the thinking mind or feeling the body, but not in both places at the same time. For example try to become fully aware of your breathing and then try to think at the same time.

What is possible in the beginning with only some mindfulness practice is to be aware of both the thinking mind and the body at the same time in a more confused state; neither clear thinking nor clear awareness of the body and emotions. That's ok since the goal is to dissolve tensions in both mind and body. So the confused state is allowed while at the same time there is awareness of the tensions in the whole body-mind field. And then that whole field is relaxed consciously, like how one consciously relaxes muscles except now it's the whole body-mind field that starts to melt so to speak.
Anders

Post by Anders »

Emotional tensions are really strong. And even people who don't feel much emotion their tensions are just as strong and perhaps even stronger, caused by repressed emotions. Much of emotional tensions come from the perceived need for protection.

So what to do about tensions caused by a belief in having to protect oneself all the time? Shall we do what Jesus Christ recommended, to turn the other cheek? Probably not to begin with but we should move in that direction! And the Quran has a related message that says that if you do wrong to someone else you have actually disturbed something in yourself. This is described from about 1 minute in this video:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlCq9_2TkC4[/youtube]

So as the Quran says, if I slap someone who has slapped me, then I'm actually disturbing something in myself. That resonates with Jesus' message about turning the other cheek. But what about defending oneself? I think a good strategy is to start will all the personal defenses one already has. And then gradually move towards replacing the defenses with inner peace, which is a result of dissolving emotional tensions.

The ego has way too much protection because it's insecure and incapable of dealing with everything around it. So in order to compensate for the lack of efficient management the ego builds up a heavy layer of personal defense. That's a lot of friction! That's a lot of inefficiency. And it's a lot of waste of energy. When dissolving emotional tension the ego becomes more connected with everything around it and that's a much more efficient way of handling interactions with people, things and events than to act from a scared little ego heavily armored against the outside world.
Anders

Post by Anders »

Now I just got a great insight. Actually it came to me when listening to Eckhart Tolle saying that there are no problems in the present moment. Then I thought that there ARE problems, and they exist now. Are these problems just thoughts? Maybe. There are at least problems in the form of thoughts. And to deny their existence is impractical.

So what was the insight that came to me? Hold on to your hats for this revelation will blow your socks off! The revelation is that we can think of problems at different levels of emotional attachment. It IS possible to experience the same problem ENTIRELY different depending on our emotional attachment.

When we have lots of ego tensions problems remain feeling the same; a small problem feels relatively easy to deal with and a big problem feels very heavy and worrisome. When softening up the ego tensions then we can think about a big problem with much less "stuckness" so the problem feels much, much easier and lighter. And yes, maybe Tolle is correct, that when there is no stuckness at all the problems completely disappear.

Return to “Healing”