Energetic Healing explorations

“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
― Rumi
Eelco

Energetic Healing explorations

Post by Eelco »

I thought it might be a good idea to start an energetic healing exploration topic.
Not sure you all agree, in which case I'll use this OP to at least give some insight to my energetic healing journey and my love/hate relationship to the healing modality that is know as Reiki.

I am unsure where my journey began exactly, I feel like I have always been able to heal or at least influence my surroundings positively by just being who I am.
Whatever that means.So I'll start with my first Reiki initiation. I was 20 or 21 years old. My world had been turned upside down a year before through an unexpected event which thought me that nothing in life is certain and everything is subject to change at the drop of a hat.

Anyway I spend 300 units of the dutch currency and spend 2 weekends learning the "traditional" Usui method of natural healing.
After which I spend time on self healing and slowly extending healing on people who expressed an interest in that. Obliged to charge something I usually asked the recipients to draw me a picture. I must admit most would have liked it better if they could just pay me money so in the end I accepted 5 units of currency.

During this time I recently received a Reiki treatment from the woman who had attuned me and a few months later I signed up for Reiki II. That was 2 evenings, mainly drawing the 3 secret symbols and burning them afterwards and talking about how Reiki energy was able to transcend space and time. Already I felt that Reiki treatments although very effective and moving for the people under my warm hands, was lacking in the consciousness department. People came for there treatment and left like going to the doctor to pick up your ulster prescription before going to the Mc Donalds. In my experience no inner growth was facilitated by Reiki alone.

For myself even though I learned to recognize energetic flows, some basic knowledge about chakra's, healing guides and the whole New Age paradigm I felt as lost and insecure as always. Slowly I used Reiki less and less, only healing floral life, The trees in woods and parks and the ocean, where I lived nearby.
Finding the love of my life, a very down to earth and no nonsense woman we started a family very shortly after.

And even though my search for truth continued reading up on a myriad of topics Reiki became a less involved modality. My first children did not like it when I let Reiki flow when I held them. Not even as babies. Which I found odd.
One day in a magazine I saw an advert from a Reiki master who though/did master atunements at an affordable price (125 instead of 10.000 currency units) following the Dianne Stein method. As the atunements were to take place on my 28 birthday i felt it synchronystimystic and signed up.

Having these unrealistic dreams of what Reiki mastery would bring and having moved cities just a while before (so no old friends around) There wasn't much more usage for reiki apart from a box filled with names from healing requests from around the world and nature.. It had already become second nature to let Reiki flow when walking the fields and the woods, instead of visualizing the 3 Reiki 2 symbols I just connected through Dai Ko Myo and pulsing energetic waves would rhythmically pulse from my being all around. Not just the hands, but as a sphere ripple like rings in a pond with a beat to them that convinced me that Reiki was a small part of that. Living life, growing as a family with now currently children I had to work longer hours and again Reiki subsided to the background as a modality. At least from the therapeutic relationship. Off and on I would let it flow. I attuned crystal spirits and trees and one other human being.

Somewhere around 2003 I found the spiritual school of ascension and studied their free material. Started energetic cleansing and following the pendulum swing in finding and clearing Karma's. I got involved in a split off group of people and learned about Annunaki, false gods etc.
As you can imagine standing relatively alone. With a small group of searchers and one woman who claimed she had the answers we fell quickly and deeply into the cult paradigm. Luckily I was able to pull free from that rather fast, but already certain idea's about the nature of Reiki and ascended master as false and evil modalities had taken root. Evil in this case being anything that is twisted to allow for manipulating another human being to produce more loosh if you will. Reiki certainly played into that in my mind.

Over the years since then I've grown to discard many babies with the bathwater and it has allowed me to mix and match what is useful for me to use when guided to do so. Energetic work no longer has a label like magnetism or reiki or chakra healing. Although I do use symbols for focus when i need to due to familiarity with them. Colors that correspond to chakra's even though I now belief the chakra's themselves are more like idea's to focus a certain set of concepts from rather than real energy centers in the body.

I'll stop my journey here and will write another post with how a healing session would look these days. Mind you I am not a therapist that works with individual clients. I do my work when asked and guided. Mostly from a mild meditative state. Almost never in the presence of the person in need of healing.

Instead of sending energy(which I do occasionally) I expand my entire field to encompass our earth mother and clear, adjust and cut chords and send energy within my field instead of sending it to a separate entity.

With Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Christine
Site Admin

Re: Energetic Healing explorations

Post by Christine »

Dear Eelco,

Thank you so very much for your heartfelt and very real life story. You walk in a graceful manner, I was seeing your energy rippling as you told of walking among the plant realms, lovely.

It is so up lifting to find another soul that has heard its own song and is deepening within with knowledge and wisdom. We, and then I will speak for myself, are often asked for guidance and how-to pointers on our healing work. For me it was a path of discovery and emergence of Spirit in matter, a path of perseverance and fortitude in the face of adversary that has become my greatest teacher. The classes, the people, the cults, the gurus, the family, the kindred have all been sign posts or stumbling stones on the road.

It sounds like you are "doing" what we "do" by simply BEing. As complex humans we have forgotten how deeply rooted we are to our Beloved earth. I had a talk with a well known writer today and she asked me why I as here, why did I need do anything? Why did I care? The question took me back and I said, because I love the earth and humanity, we have a common soul. She seemed discontent with that answer as if something was lacking in me, I felt sad for a while, questioned myself ... was I missing something?

I usually have no choice but to pay attention to my discomfort so I wrestled with the "air of detachment". What does detachment mean when I want to be passionately involved and in love with LIFE? I was then blessed with a call from a dear friend who had so much joy and passion outshining from her soul, her blossoming was a contagious reminder that YES! To BE love is the Key.

Hope she doesn't mind if I quote some of the words she shared with me here. ;-)

"But we have forgotten the world that it is alive. That it can sing. Maybe we need to remember the ancient promise that we made to the world that we were here not for ourselves our own selves but for a greater purpose. To respect that core of life. Deeply within our selves and life.

The world could wake up and sing again. If a human being sings their own song.

Problems are entanglements. A web catching thought forms and when you sing your own song - it changes the human being - so that they change. The light comes back. That is what changes the human being.

If the world sings again - it's very beautiful and powerful - magic.

To her say - how can you use me - so I can be in service to you. Life has so many secrets. Share with me some of your mystery. Take me where I need to be. That is service to creation. Your life reconnects to the core of life. A relationship takes place."

Yes, a relationship takes place and we can SING together, our SONG does dissolve the entangled webs that bind.

With much love,
Christine
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

On occasion I will hear a call for help/healing, either through a forum, A video on youtube or a private message/e-mail. Although these latter are scarse.

My process is not set in stone and is organically dependent on what I call divine timing.
If I have time to go within, I usually fill up a bathtub, relax a little and let my mind wander a little. At some point I intend to take a look at what is happening. Now I don't do visioning very well. Instead of seeing crystal clear pictures I sence differences in the usual black and red colors I see that stand out. Using these blobs as guideposts I imagine what it would look like and somehow a story will start to unfold. The visions are no more than vague memories and mostly it is just thoughts that fill in the blancs.
It is in fact very much like imagining a story that will get me to a global or even very specific account of events and what is needed or blocked or infiltrated or whatever.

From a place of basic understanding I will either create a big ball of healing power between my hands. Although lately (say the last 2 years) I can no longer spread my arms wide enough to hold the space for my energy ball. So I started to let the ball grow from my heartspace using my hands as guides and spontanious gestures. When I feel ready I let the ball go and do what it needs to do, Sometimes following it in my imagination, but mostly just let it go.

If I don't have time I will wait until I'm driving my car or have a few minutes to spare where I don't have to engage in conversation. My right hand wil draw some Reiki symbols and I will intend to send energy. As soon as I can go within I imagine what happened afterwards if that makes sense and if needed adjust some tidbit that in retrospect needed that personal touch.

I hope this is a somewhat clear picture of what I do.
As I said nothing is set in stone and lately I will sometimes like I stated before let my personal field grow to encompass the earth mother, where any healing instead of sending and adjusting outside becomes more an inner work, where I'm adjusting myself... THis is all rather new for me so I can't say much usefull about it other than instead of doing healing I am adjusting myself.

Also I realize that this looks like i do this on a daily or weekly basis, where 5 or 6 times a year is probably closer to the truth.

With Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

This thread has had some time to age now..
I have shared a few ways in witch I use energy, connect energetically and come to some form of energy work.
As life has become very hectic lately..(child number 7 in the form of a 15 year old teenager has entered our household) I am very curious how you lot connect and steer/point/manipulate/flow energy for healing..

As you may have guessed or not. In daily life I'm pretty silent when it comes to energy work and most of it is done by being rather than doing.
It is my way, but always leaves me wondering...

With Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Pluto's Child

Post by Pluto's Child »

Eelco wrote:This thread has had some time to age now..
I have shared a few ways in witch I use energy, connect energetically and come to some form of energy work.
As life has become very hectic lately..(child number 7 in the form of a 15 year old teenager has entered our household) I am very curious how you lot connect and steer/point/manipulate/flow energy for healing..

As you may have guessed or not. In daily life I'm pretty silent when it comes to energy work and most of it is done by being rather than doing.
It is my way, but always leaves me wondering...

With Love
Eelco
Hi Eelco, your experiences are quite close to my own, except I feel "pushed" at times about it by what seems like a very benevolent intelligence that offers a lot of guidance, but in a distant way, more creating circumstances & showing things than the usual "guide" that many healers talk of.

The only thing I had clearly impressed on me was to do with what I was calling it, because the understanding of greater things was being held back by my calling it "remote healing",.....I had it very clearly & emphatically given to me that it is "quantum".

The difference has a lot of very profound ramifications, and also explains why I feel the energy flow as if the "patient" is right there in front of my hands.

I did a basic Rieki course 20 years ago, and the guy doing the tuning in spent about 1 & 1/2 seconds tuning me in, so I suspect that like you the ability was always there, sometimes we just need someone to tell us "you can" lol.

As for the energy ball, for me I draw the energy from the Earth (through my feet etc) & from the cosmos (though the top of the head etc), this then blends in a spiral around my heart before being directed down the arms & out of the palms of my hands, the ratio of Earth to Comic energies is determined by the patients needs, and may change during the session as different things are addressed.

The best result I ever had was with someone who was awake enough to make use of what I could see at the time & address the underlying blocks / issues, which backs up what you said about people having to do things for themselves to get true healing, the "dis ease" being the pointer to what needs dealing with as a personal internal issue, rather than "health" being something handed over to someone else to fix like a car taken to a mechanic
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

Pluto's Child wrote:
I did a basic Rieki course 20 years ago, and the guy doing the tuning in spent about 1 & 1/2 seconds tuning me in, so I suspect that like you the ability was always there, sometimes we just need someone to tell us "you can" lol.
This in many respects is the most profound part of what we can learn from Reiki i.m.o.
The fact that it is already within us and becomes accessible through ritualized (however small) means designed in order for us to believe it is within us.

It has had me wondering in the past about the power of rituals. A ritual (Reiki initiation in this case) can unlock unconscious powers.

Of course wiccans and religions have know this for years. What interests me is how we can utilize what a Ritual allows us to believe. To just start imagining our future with the powers that Rituals unlock..

Does that make sense?

WIth Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Pluto's Child

Post by Pluto's Child »

Eelco wrote:
Pluto's Child wrote:
This in many respects is the most profound part of what we can learn from Reiki i.m.o.
The fact that it is already within us and becomes accessible through ritualized (however small) means designed in order for us to believe it is within us.

It has had me wondering in the past about the power of rituals. A ritual (Reiki initiation in this case) can unlock unconscious powers.

Of course wiccans and religions have know this for years. What interests me is how we can utilize what a Ritual allows us to believe. To just start imagining our future with the powers that Rituals unlock..

Does that make sense?

WIth Love
Eelco
Cheers Eelco !

It's certainly one of the big things to learn, a real game changer in perspectives & a major step on the path to individuation IMO, but there is more.

Rituals & all forms of belief systems are tools for the will, for some reason we can focus more energy using belief in props & structures because that's how we are taught to think (in a global sense), but you can strip them away until there is nothing but will, feeling & energy.

For me it has been this feeling & experiencing that has proved certain things that previously were concepts, esp the more advanced energy work about blockages ie traumas & other un-dealt with psychic material & the problems & dis-eases associated with them.

When I do a "session" I do so laid down with my shoulders & head propped up in (like you said) a meditative state, having cleared the area & done a circle of protection I ask my guides & Guardian Angel for protection & guidance.

If the person I am aiming to help is not someone I have spoken to I will ask my higher self to ask their higher self if it is in accordance with their will & I ask that it may also be in accordance with the Will of God, at this point I raise my hands & forearms & if it's OK the energy immediately flows, usually it feels like my hands are in warm swirling water, if its not OK there is a reaction anywhere from nothing to a "push back".

The types of energies that flow through me vary on what is required & they are intelligent, often information is relayed to me about the problem, this can be as an idea that just "appears" to a "vision" of the underlying problem.

Not all people that present actually need some from of energy or internal energetic alignment, for instance there was one man who's heart was full to bursting of very complex, undealt with & painful emotions, and they tried to "blow back" into me, my hands went completely numb & it was pushing to get down my arms, I had to disconnect & hold my hands under running water for ages to get the energy out of my hands.

After I first started years ago the only treatments I gave were to plants & animals, one dog in particular used to single me out, he would limp up in a bad way & after a couple of minutes he would walk off with no limp, that was when I knew there really was something to it !
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

Hey Pluto's child,

I'm enjoying your post. It somehow strikes a chord in the following way.
I agree on the Ritual part. Tools for focusing and enlargers of intent.

The wish for those rituals to become non-existent so we can flow more freely from our place of BE-ing.

But then I read your process, and it resembles mine somewhat back in the day.
It makes me wonder...

When I first learned Reiki and played with it for a while I noticed something lacking.
At the same time the big attraction for me was that unlike magnetism or other energy work Reiki was supposedly this intelligent energy that wouldn't drain from you. It's flow and effectiveness was/is guided by some unseen outside force where we are just conduits for..

I was tought to ask for Reiki to flow. I was tought to connect to "guides" It is only now becoming clear that kind of ritual is in fact effectively giving my "power" away to outside forces..
It is also kicking in that that may just be my sense of lack in it..

Thank you..
This is very......Interesting....

With Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Pluto's Child

Post by Pluto's Child »

Cheers Eelco,

This is subject issomething I have problems putting into words because it often ends up going not where I intended & I don't get to the thing I wanted to say because I'm concentrating on writing Image

I do the protection things as a preparing the space & also to cover my back because I'm vulnerable whilst exposed energetically & concentrating into the healing.

I use the word guides for want of a better word, but it's not like I have read elsewhere, say like Barbara Anne Brennan ("Hands of Light" books) I'm aware some benign intelligence is there but they are as stand off as possible lol.

The energies are the energies that are there around us, like you say, it's not my energy I just channel it, but not from guides, they are from the forces that keep everything "in being".

The thing is that it seems that these energies are also one of life's lessons, I was born into a family that runs on "energies" and getting conscious control seems to be my life's lessons, what I mean by "family that runs on energies" is that there is a lot that doesn't make sense in any other way, it all seems to be done on an astral & energetic level some of the family are very rich by reasons that don't make sense when scrutinised, & others are very unwell in ways science can't explain, some thing is going on that is not visible to the eye !

Return to “Healing”