Hunger and Focus

“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
― Rumi
Naga_Fireball

Hunger and Focus

Post by Naga_Fireball »

For thousands of earthyears, ascetics and the like have practiced ritual fasting. Along with other forms of, shall we say, "self refinement" :shock:

But really & truly, going without food for a short period, even delaying a meal in anticipation of nature's bounty, has a very focusing & honing effect on the human mind & memory.

We tend to return to our beginnings in the absence of, shall we say, the Juicy Steak of the Matrix. We settle to the level of our roots, the radical essence of our ancestral heritage.

We begin to notice useful details in the world around us, by subjugating the world within and returning its drives to a healthier track, or lifestyle.

For instance, some of us have native American ancestors, and other tribal lineages among us. These people depended on the land for their subsistence without changing her face much. They adapted their own life patterns to fit the generous environs in which they found themselves.

Have you ever been so hungry that you picked and ate berries just to make your stomach settle? Have you searched for food past its normal season in the wild?

It is likely then that you found far more than just berries. You saw wildlife that was not competitive but actually friendly, if shy. You might even have found another type of fruit or nut as a surprise for the end of your journey.

Just yesterday, I walked maybe three hours very slowly in the heat, taking pictures of animals and looking for food.

Right at the end I found an apple tree that was so fruitful, i was shocked that no one was gathering the fruit.

To think that people feel guilty or self conscious for using food that would have rotted or been fodder for wasps.... In America @@
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Re: Hunger and Focus

Post by Naga_Fireball »

P.s. derp. Forgot to add, we are going to try making some fried apples today ;)

Like my great grandmother.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

They were more like candied apples, whoops, I cut them wrong . carmelized apples? Haha
~William Cowper
Edythe

Post by Edythe »

Hi Naga.. I used to sneak apples from my neighbors tree when I was 6.. I used to love to climb trees.. anyway, I started baking around that age too with grandma's help. I would core the apples, put them in grandma's baking dish, put cinnamon, brown sugar, butter and raisins in the cored space then bake them. Was so good and the thought brings back sweet memories of my much loved grandma.. When I was a teen, I was a homeless hippie living on the streets for several yrs... I slept in a sleeping bag in people back yards and had to 'forage' for food. I used to go days without eating. I can say that the only focus I had was on food!

ps.. how did the apples turn out?

Love E
“The courage to Love fiercely is the first quality of a true Spiritual Warrior." ~ E
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Dearest Edythe,

My God that is an amazing story. My older cousin Taryn had a similar experience when she hated college. She ended up homeless for years.

But she spent some of that time doing pranks. Like, her roommate sucked and brought friends in all the time. Taryn started sleeping naked.

A girl said she was gross for not wearing panties under her dress. Taryn's response was putting peanut butter in her largest pair of grannies and laying them in the sidewalk.

I didn't like college either until i left the stupid 4 year fish tank. Some people just dont need the social distraction of maintaining "campus life" ie pond life Lol.

Re the apples, my mom lolled hard that I left peels on fried apples. Also that they carmelized. She said peels are healthy but messes up the process :(

I enjoyed climbing the scary apple tree. Could not reach top ffs. I bet you know how. Haha :)
~William Cowper

Return to “Healing”