Thinking For Oneself | Arthur Schopenhauer Essay on True Thought

Christine
Site Admin

Thinking For Oneself | Arthur Schopenhauer Essay on True Thought

Post by Christine »

https://www.earthempaths.net/wp/2022/08 ... e-thought/

[youtube]https://youtu.be/IaveOrD-MnE[/youtube]

Having found Altrusian Grace Media several months ago I am deeply grateful for the valuable audiobooks uploaded on this channel.

While I listened to this audiobook in the wee hours of the morning I felt a deep sense of affirmation for the life I have lived and recognized within me the attributes of a free thinker. I will add just a few thoughts: This was written well over a century ago yet it echos an eternal truth that, for one who knows themself will relate to. Perhaps I missed it in the discourse but I would add that free thought, or one who thinks for themself recognizes that they are in truth but a receiver of a higher more expanded mind, this is the waiting he speaks about. I will go through periods of adjustment when new information is found, the inquiry, though pretty much unconscious is: Does this line up with my eternal truth? Does this bring forth new illumination? Along with the corresponding question can this be incorporated in my living truth?

For more years than I can recall I rarely read a book and turned my television off decades ago. Once an avid reader something from within me advised, maybe even compelled me to stop reading. The television became babble for me and I mean this quite literally, I couldn’t make out what the talking and bobbing heads were saying, I still can’t. I will leave off here with a suggestion to spend more time alone with self and an adamant warning to stop watching television, movies, and all other forms of distraction and indoctrination. Do remember at all the times that the human mind does not have a built in firewall therefore all we take in leaves an impression. Let your minds impressions come from the true and natural.
Thinking For Oneself – Arthur Schopenhauer Essay on True Thought. Arthur Schopenhauer was a German philosopher. He is best known for his 1818 work The World as Will and Representation (expanded in 1844), which characterizes the phenomenal world as the product of a blind noumenal will. Building on the transcendental idealism of Immanuel Kant, Schopenhauer developed an atheistic metaphysical and ethical system that rejected the contemporaneous ideas of German idealism. He was among the first thinkers in Western philosophy to share and affirm significant tenets of Indian philosophy, such as asceticism, denial of the self, and the notion of the world-as-appearance. His work has been described as an exemplary manifestation of philosophical pessimism. Please consider supporting my work and download this audio as part of the ESOTERIC AND OCCULT WISDOM – MASTER COLLECTION VOL. 2(an ongoing collection of Gnostic, alchemical, Hermetic, and related occult audio projects that span dozens of hours) at https://altrusiangrace.bandcamp.com
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.

Return to “Food for Thought”