Reality...Is This an A.I. Matrix Simulation?

Shezbeth

Re: Reality...Is This an A.I. Matrix Simulation?

Post by Shezbeth »

Note to the observer: The trick to defeating the Socratic method is to inquire for more detail than the orator can/will submit.
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

Can you be more specific? *G*

Ok, ok. In fairness, let's establish a definition of mind before we go further. And I know that's not going to be a very easy task because...well...it's like time in some aspects. We all know what it is, but when it comes to defining time...well....yeah!
Ingressum instruas, progressum dirigas, egressum compleas.
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

Alright, cheek aside (I hope this dialogue isn't perceived as detracting), I would suggest a definition for mind.

Mind - A term meant to designate the observable phenomenon of a functioning cognition in an individual. Cognition, referring to the ability to process, analyze, and interpret data (whether internal, or incoming) and cross-reference against experience. Also, relates to the grey matter that is (is said to be Xp) found within the skull of the human, though not humans exclusively.
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

So let's assume that somehow, somewhere, significant intellegiences (minds) have created a simulation.

How can we be certain that those minds aren't, in fact, also part of a simulation and have created us? Say that we are in a secondary simulation, created within a primary simulation to permit those beings who are running the simulation from outside of it that we've become sentient?

You getting that turtles all the way down feeling yet? :D
Ingressum instruas, progressum dirigas, egressum compleas.
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Defining Mind, um?

One should definitely not leave out the Supramind or Supermind, defined by Sri Aurobindo.

Supermind is a mental plane between the "upper hemisphere" of pure being-consciousness, and the "lower hemisphere" of life in the universe (mind, life, and matter). This plane enables the Real Ideas of the Supreme to manifest as forms of that force in creation. It is the power that enables creation, by dividing the Force into the forms, forces, and powers in the universe. It is

Supermind is a plane of perfect knowledge, that has the full, integral truth of anything. It is a plane that Man can rise to, above his current limited mentality, and have perfect understanding through revelations of that truth.

Supermind is a force and power that is leaning down on the earth's consciousness. We can open to it, in order to transform the various aspects of our being, as well as set right the conditions of life, creating sudden good fortune ("instantaneous miraculousness") for the person opening to it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermind ... al_yoga%29
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

[youtube][/youtube]

Or read the abhidhamma for a rather elaborate definition.

In my mind, mind is the ability to create or establish patterns.
It then attaches some meaning to the created pattern in order to play with those patterns in some abstract way.
Often though the mind will hold those abstractions for something real. as if the sum (created pattern) of a random set of individual events and observations combined Is something substantial.

With Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

I love that you started a thread on this Realeyes! I have questioned the nature of reality as far back as I can remember, and I have allowed myself to consider many possibilities, including that we are living in a simulation. There are so many videos for me to watch that it will probably take me all this new year to catch up, so I probably won't be able to watch all the videos you have posted on the subject. I did watch the first one though, and found it quite thought provoking.

A couple things come to mind as I think about this topic. We already know that many things presented as science fiction are actually prophetic of what is already happening in secret and gets rolled out for public consumption as a way to shape our perceptions, and also when they figure out how to maximize their profits. And, of course, we know almost everything they roll out was originally developed for military purposes, and only later drip fed to the masses for entertainment, or supposedly to improve our qualities of life, which is often anything but the case.

So it makes me wonder about all kinds of things, such as the concept of linear time that we all seem immersed in. I personally have always felt that time goes both ways, so that the future moves into the past at the same time the past is moving into the future. And, that there is a way to exist out of time. The matrix we are currently living in does indeed seem like a construct, designed for possibly many purposes, probably not at all what we have been taught (programmed) to think.

I remember as a kid sneaking out to catch a glimpse of the TV show Star Trek, which came on after my bedtime. The idea of the holo deck I find very intriguing. There are many movies that have had quite an impact on me, with the movie Inception being one of them. Primarily the idea of successively deeper levels of the dream state, appearing as different realities, with each one occurring at a seemingly much slower pace.

Of course, the one we all love to reference back to is the Matrix movies themselves. I remember when I went to the first one back in 1999 with my teenage son. I hadn't went to a movie in years, and we sat towards the front of the theatre. I was quite blown away with how much it correlated with how I thought of the world. I remember even thinking, this movie will change the way people think more than they even know.

My question is, not just to myself, but to anyone else who has thought deeply about this, is, how does this change the way you live your life? And, of course, if we are in a simulated reality matrix, then who is the one behind the curtain running things, and why? Who is the programmer? And, I have wondered if I don't even have different versions of myself in other simulations? What kind of intelligence would design something like this? Some god-like being? Even the term God seems very lacking to me these days. To me, the Gods are just beings who look at us as something that can be manipulated and molded, almost like working with clay. Since I have long thrown out the idea of religion having any answers for me, I do wonder about these things. In fact, it does seem to me that religion was actually created to keep us from seeing the truth of how things really are. But I still have more questions than answers.

As far as what I soulfully remember, I can say that something occurred, I am not sure exactly what, as a child between the ages of 5-6, that seemed quite otherworldly, and, while not really providing any answers, did seem to make it easier for me than certainly those around me, to ask, at least inwardly, questions about the nature of this reality. And I did have a deep seated feeling in the core of my being from that time onward that we were being lied to, and that reality what not at all what it seemed. I always knew that something was not right here. I felt and knew a transcendent type of love that I did not see in those around me. Where it came from exactly I do not know. But I knew that this world, despite all the BS we were being taught about how we should live and treat one another, was absolutely not being demonstrated by the reality I saw around me. In other words, the admonition to be honest, kind, truthful, treat others as you would like to be treated etc, was just not what this reality seemed to be rewarding people for. Quite the opposite in fact. It appeared to me that those who were the most greedy, arrogant, narcissistic, and ruthless were the ones who were rewarded with lives of ease. The rest appeared to be fodder for the upper classes. That has never made sense to me, and still doesn't. So it seems to me that at least personally much of my lesson this time around has been learning all about deception. To learn to differentiate between how things appear, and how they really are. It has been quite a ride for someone who wanted so badly to believe the world was predominantly a good place to be.

I guess, that is the other thing I have learned, is how to be happy and find joy in this world, seek out those who I can relate with on a deeper than surface level, despite the predatory nature of this reality. I find that it is indeed quite possible to be true to yourself and live according to your own highest values, even if most of the rest of the world chooses not to. I may not have that life of ease at the top of the heap so many aspire to, but I have found the pot of gold that resides inside. Nothing can take that away.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Realeyes

Post by Realeyes »

Wow this thread discussion has grown in my absence – Thank you to Everyone!

Spiritwind I so Loved your post – you are so on to it! Your astute observations are exactly where I hope this thread will lead to… and hopefully between us all sharing we may start arriving to some pertinent answers. I wrote this post not knowing Spiritwind was posting her excellent points. So my post can be deemed still on the ‘warm up stage’. And to others, please do continue in defining mind, most interesting to read.

I would like to further the talk about “Glitches”. I have had a lot of these in my life and would like to share the weirdest ones that I can only reason out as ‘Glitches’ in the Matrix.

My first major glitch was at 7 years old just days after moving into a new village. I was skipping down the main village road on an errand to purchase potatoes for the evening dinner. Quicker than a blink the tarmac path and road had turned to compact dirt, parked cars had disappeared. The row of many houses to my left were now an orchard full of ripening fruit; a coal shop with a horse and cart outside, and a few building further along was a quaint cottage like pub. I intuitively knew I had stepped back in Time by 60 years. I was rather calm about the whole situation until that is when I thought the shop at the end of the road might not be there and I would be in big trouble for not completing my task. So I set my mind to it, too wilfully change reality back when I reached the corner in the road – As I reached the corner reality quicker than a blink had returned to 1974 – phew!.
Five years later I did a school project on this village where a neighbour kindly lent me all their black and white photos of the village from 60 years ago – it was exactly as I had experienced it.

Another major ‘Glitch’ was when I was walking up Mount Sinai, the final part where the path is narrow, among a group of 22 other British people all walking in single file. It was night time in the middle of a ferocious gale so everyone had to shout passed the wind to be heard. Anyways, around 20 minutes into this walk, suddenly the British group I was walking with, all turned into a group of Germans (I kid not) WTF! I continued walking with them rather bemused hoping they would change back to the British group in a moment. During a dangerous part of the walk, a huge gust of wind literally whipped me up in the air and over a cliff edge (it all happened in major slow motion, it was a death scenario for sure) but then one of the strong German women quickly grabbed my arm and yanked me back on the path that basically saved my life. She couldn’t speak English, nor I German, but I managed to thank her for her bravery of saving my life. I walked along with them for another 5 minutes or so, but their pace of walk was very fast and we were around 7,000 ft above sea level, where the air burns one’s lungs. I was quite shaken, so decided to step out of this German group and wait for my British group to catch up; after 20 minutes still no sign of them. So eventually I continued walking up to the summit on my own. The Summit area was quite small and I could not see the German group, maybe they were in the welcoming tea caddy tent. Nope, turned out, I was the first to reach the summit that day. My British group arrived about half an hour behind me – and the German group basically never existed (on that specific day). The person who saved my life had not existed on this specific day!

I have had other glitches where I experience the same day again; i.e. go to bed on Monday and awake returning to the same Monday to do the whole day again. Once, I repeated a whole two weeks! Just wished back then I had kept an eye on the lottery winning numbers – that would have come in useful.

So I have no answers to any of the above big weirdness, but something most certainly occurred for sure.

Maybe you have experienced your own weird glitches. Many common ones are placing an item down and within a few seconds the item has vanished to return sometime later. Another maybe one is in a stream of road traffic, and within a blink all the other traffic have disappeared.

Here are some stories that happened to other people that just don’t make sense either…. Yet perhaps they do make sense IF the reality we are experiencing here is a simulation and perhaps these are signs of the Matrix having a glitch or is changing something in the simulation.
[youtube][/youtube]
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

I was watching an episode of through the wormhole yesterday.
About the question what is time... Interesting stuff and it seems some scientists are generaly confused about it's behaviour...

Also just saw that there is an episode about the question whether or not we live inside some matrix... Alas it's unavailable through youtube in my country.
Still good to see those questions are asked outside the alt (cough cough) community..
[youtube][/youtube]

With Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Realeyes

Post by Realeyes »

So much can be said in a picture....

Return to “Spirituality (Science)”