Sacred Dreams of Truth

"I feel like everything is inspired by something else. There is no 100 percent original thought."
Ne-Yo
Christine
Site Admin

Sacred Dreams of Truth

Post by Christine »

Thanks Laurie for finding this ... just had to share it here. <3

'I was going to die, sooner or later, whether or not I had even spoken myself. My silences had not protected me. Your silences will not protect you.... What are the words you do not yet have? What are the tyrannies you swallow day by day and attempt to make your own, until you will sicken and die of them, still in silence? We have been socialized to respect fear more than our own need for language.

I began to ask each time: "What's the worst that could happen to me if I tell this truth?" Unlike women in other countries, our breaking silence is unlikely to have us jailed, "disappeared" or run off the road at night. Our speaking out will irritate some people, get us called bitchy or hypersensitive and disrupt some dinner parties. And then our speaking out will permit other women to speak, until laws are changed and lives are saved and the world is altered forever.

Next time, ask: What's the worst that will happen? Then push yourself a little further than you dare. Once you start to speak, people will yell at you. They will interrupt you, put you down and suggest it's personal. And the world won't end.

And the speaking will get easier and easier. And you will find you have fallen in love with your own vision, which you may never have realized you had. And you will lose some friends and lovers, and realize you don't miss them. And new ones will find you and cherish you. And you will still flirt and paint your nails, dress up and party, because, as I think Emma Goldman said, "If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution." And at last you'll know with surpassing certainty that only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth. And that is not speaking.'

~ Audre Lorde
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Sandy Clark

Re: Sacred Dreams of Truth

Post by Sandy Clark »

WOW!! Love it and the support it emits for speaking our truths, each and every one of us.

I now have a Brother and only Sister not talking to me for speaking my truths about our interactions.....................now they have spoken theirs of which is banishment verus reponsible adult converstaion about boundaries, expectations, etc. My Oldest Brother, which I have had under my wing for the last 45 years and that I have Power of Attorney for because of his learning disability is now deaf and refuses to get a hearing aide so contact and phone calls are short but always end loving at least.........I accept he doesn't want a hearing aide and he accepts I don't want to fight because he can't hear and frustration levels rise quickly as a result. :?

We both speak our piece and even tho' he says he will get a hearing aide it has been 4 years of excuses so far...hahahhaha. I am sad when holiday season arrives and my siblings are estranged not only from me but from each other as well. I used to be the peace maker for holiday sake but not anymore as we are all senior citizens and one would think it is time to grow up and work together to get along.... :roll:

My Son, Daughter-in-Law and 3 beautiful grown Granddaughters will be here for Christmas for a few days and I am really looking forward quality time together. All are adults and love to get into chats about all kinds of topics but not down any rabbit holes.. :lol: This has been one of the reasons I have been burning the candle at both ends to get the place ship shape and bedrooms ready for family... :P

Anyway, didn;t mean to take away from the theme of the thread....whoops..the topic just got me thinking about the consquences of speaking one truths at time..........................Thks Soul Sisters :-)
Last edited by Sandy Clark on Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Your revealing is spot on Sandy ... Those who love me hear me even though they disagree, for to go into a deeper conversation will shake the tentacles that bind them. I am not one to stay quiet though I have learned over trial and error to modulate my truth and with some care plant seeds. At other times those close by risk an outpouring.

My father who is 91 calls once a week and he knows of the total manipulation of the financial system and loves to point out how corrupt it is. He is also an adamant researcher into alternative medicine which is most likely part of his longevity. Meanwhile he bases his worth and self-worth on the stock market holdings he maintains, his mood rises and falls with what he himself knows is false. I no longer rant at him, I've learned my silence is a greater teacher.

My mother is a blessing in my life, she does support me unconditionally. She hears then slips back consistently to her comfort zone ... I can't blame her for being 88 years old her reality was formed in a different terrain than mine.

My two brothers are equally versed in the false monetary system, one fundamental Christian and the other a Self Realization Fellowship devotee. What they can't afford is to let go of all the accompanying ideologies of their chosen belief systems. Karma plays big with one and fanaticism with the other. Neither can tolerate when they are shown logical information that would cause them to question their beliefs.

And so it rolls ... big hunks of my journey as a 'truth seeker speaker' are well documented.

Thanks for the share, we are beings being real. <3
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

Family relationships, now there's a possible mine field there! And the differences in outlook between family members, wowzers! All I can say there is I must have accidentally been dropped off here on my way to somewhere/when else, LOL. No, all kidding aside I think most of my family and adopted family (JW's I don't keep in touch with anymore) all look at me as something of an anomaly. I have walked away from everyone's rather low expectations of me and decided to live my own life some long time ago. Even my husband's side of the family don't know what to think, except they can see that he is happy. And everyone can see that I am pretty happy too. In many ways I've been fiercely independent my whole life, but still had a heap of programming (much of it subconscious) to undo. Still working on that too.

And in a way, that's what it's all about. I hate to use my two Aunts as an example, but I know they'll never ever see this, so will do it anyway. When I was growing up my sister and I called them the Bee-Hive sisters, cause they always wore their hair up. Both of them married party boys at first, and subsequently divorced them (my mom actually did that too). One married a rich pervert that molested my cousin. The other married a well off alcoholic. She also won the lotto a couple times. They are classic cases of inherited narcissism. In a way it isn't surprising that I'm not close to the few remaining relatives from the older generations. I've had a disdain for wealth and the arrogance and elitist attitudes that result from it all my life. And yet, here we are, in a world that basically worships money.

I have no doubt it is matters of the heart that have brought us all together here. I think that is the question we all ask ourselves, how to live authentic lives that demonstrate an inner adherence to a value system that is totally at odds with the one being foisted upon us from the day we are born here. It becomes a life long endeavor, much like a beautiful painting that paints itself as you go along. None of us even know what it will look like when we are done, but we paint with a eye for beauty and love, so we know we cannot fail. A worthy endeavor in this world, but one that can leave us feeling alienated from many who just do not understand. Some of my relatives don't feel comfortable around me, but it's never been spoken openly about. And I have finally arrived at where I don't care. I wear my heart openly with as much self honesty as I can muster up, and I don't care if I shake things up anymore, just by being myself.

And that's also what this is all about. Finding out who we really are, and realizing that, for me anyway, everything I was taught growing up was almost all wrong. And the majority will never ever even question the prevailing narrative, to check for accuracy. Sometimes, the most powerful thing we can do is just be ourselves. Even without opening our mouths. It carries a certain energy with it that can be felt. I can feel it in many others, so I know, thankfully, I am not alone. We mostly do forge ahead on a road less traveled. But when you go through your life here with a spiritual focus, you can begin to intuit even the energy signatures of those who have traveled these paths before. You can find and access the ancient spirit roads. In this way, we can re-awaken the gifts our ancestors left for us along the way. Once you re-awaken your memories of times when your ancestors lived truly free, it changes you. It has not always been the way it is now. And they do want to hide that truth from us.

Not even sure where all this came from. Except I have been thinking about freedom, and being free a lot lately. And how I can actually feel some of the energy of my ancestors when they lived free, and how different that is to how we mostly live our lives today. Freedom and truth seem to go together really well, as it is mostly deceit and slight of hand tricks that have brought us to where we are. More sweet tasting frosting that's been made out of lard on top will not help us get out of this mess, that I do know.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

So, here we come to this distant land, on a path that is different, that is seldom walked by the normal. We walk this path from the point of entry and forward through the brief moment of life on this strange world because it does seem like we were not meant to be here or we find ourselves in this strange land and we see that less walked path that draws us away from the mundane, the gray movement of given hoards. We are called the black sheep, something different, we are seen yet not known. The family we enter into fails to understand and will fight and swear because we choose that path that is seldom walked.

I am alone except I have found the other that walked that path, early in my sojourn and we walk together as one. Family is distant, Family does not know, I speak of the ones that we are born into. I must say that I was loved, I was cared for but still I chose to walk that different path. The brothers and sister have not the connection that I find with others that choose to walk that seldom used path. Those are the ones that touch the depth of my soul yet they are alone also. It is as if there are two different directions where some walk while others or most follow in larger groups as the grayness of conformity pulls them along.

I have said "there is this island, this piece of ground, this land that I can step onto, into, to feel the comfort, the welcome and know that I am who I am and be excepted for all that I am. That is the path seldom walked. That is the path we start our sojourn on. This is the place we find solace as we feel the sorrows, the pains, the unknowns as we search for that door that will lead us back into our real selves. I am happy, I am sad, I am melancholy, I am lost, I am found, I am Love, I am hate, I am who I am in this distant land.

Thank you all for who you are. It is to smile to look into the doors of your being, To see, to know that we all do travel along that path seldom walked.

another weary traveler
Steven

Return to “Inspiration and Food for Thought”