Grateful for Bella, The Dude, Molly, Luci, Big Fred, Mimi, Rogue, Friend, and Catrina!

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Christine
Site Admin

Grateful for Bella, The Dude, Molly, Luci, Big Fred, Mimi, Rogue, Friend, and Catrina!

Post by Christine »

I am officially a cat lady and it wasn't planned... I get teased about it all the time but really I am one very lucky woman.

The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Professor Doom

Re: Grateful for Bella, The Dude, Molly, Luci, Big Fred, Mimi, Rogue, Friend, and Catrina!

Post by Professor Doom »

Christine wrote:...I am one very lucky woman.
That's because of your lucky boots :P
Spiritwind

Re: Grateful for Bella, The Dude, Molly, Luci, Big Fred, Mimi, Rogue, Friend, and Catrina!

Post by Spiritwind »

Wow, Christine! You got me beat! But I totally get how it can happen. I think your cats go out and tell the neighborhood, hey, I know this human who is so nice! I’ll even show you where she lives. She’s a real softy, so all you have to do is show up and she’ll feed you.

For me it’s goats, LOL. Thankfully I’m getting a handle on that and learning not to be so generous. Like, no, I don’t care if they’re free, I can’t afford to feed them. Unlike cats, goats require quite a bit of care.

But I do love my kitties, and they love me and give so much in the way of affection and entertainment, as well as performing a necessary function on the farm. If I could post pictures at the moment I would “show you the family”. Here it’s Mr. Thomas, who has recently discovered he’s bigger and can just muscle his way into getting what he wants. I’m fairly certain the two females, his sister, Katniss (who’s about half his size), and our little Manx kitty, Zoey, catch the mice, and he just takes them from them.

Even my neighbor, who originally had two stray females show up at his place and said he didn’t want any animals, now talks about them in glowing terms.

I’m not even sure I could get along with someone who hates cats. It’s great that since they have the second sight, they know when something funky is going on and have the ability to alert you. They have a wider range of skills than most people know.

Plus, they’ve taught me a lot about unconditional love. Loosing one definitely feels like loosing a family member (and I realize it can be the same with any animal we have a relationship with). I would probably have more here, but our dogs would chase off any cat that is not identified as part of the family (probably a good thing for me!) Yes, I love kitties too!
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....

Return to “A Place for Gratitude”