Cooper Goes to the Vet | Good Prognosis

“La verdad es que mientras más enojado estoy con este país y más lejos viajo, más mexicano me siento.”
― Jorge Ibargüengoitia, Instrucciones para vivir en México
Christine
Site Admin

Cooper Goes to the Vet | Good Prognosis

Post by Christine »

Yesterday was an extra long day, people coming in for health advice and I am also helping a friend in San Diego. It's good when I do a "consultation" as much as I think I know, when investigating I always find new information. It's also important to customize recommendations to individuals, everyone is different from diet to habits to illness. Spent the morning writing up a protocol for a stomach ulcer and literally shaking my head at the stupidity of the medical mafia's ignorance of simple human biology. They are just drug pushers waiting for the moment they can cut someone open with a scalpel.

Rant over and now onto what can be the good side of some doctors and some pills. Cooper has had a weird cough for a year now which we thought was from fur balls. Having tried different formulas nothing seems to help. The cough has gotten worse over time and a few days ago I noticed he was breathing heavy. Alarm bells went off, having lost Misty Moonlight recently I couldn't bear the idea of Cooper going down.

Usually I depend on an old time vet down the street but this time knew I needed a more thorough approach so we took our fellow in last night to a woman named Alma who a friend had highly recommended. Her waiting room was jammed with people, cats, and dogs which I thought was a good sign. Cooper was amazing the whole journey and gently allowed Dra. Alma to examine him. No fever, no teeth abscesses, lungs didn't sound congested but she wanted an x-ray. So glad she went that step because it showed his lungs were inflamed, possible causes were asthma, allergies or old damage from something he suffered earlier in life. It's allergy season here in San Miguel so that would explain why the coughing got worse along with the labored breathing.

All in all I felt relief at the diagnosis. He will be getting small doses of cortisone to be diminished over the course of a few weeks to none. I thought this was so wise of the Alma, not to put him on them for life. She said that this was the only med able to get the inflammation out of lungs and once he's breathing fine we will just have to observe if it comes back.

A look inside Cooper. He also has a swollen lymph gland but the vet said not to be worried and it only needs to be monitored once a year.

Always thankful for Michael's humor, it makes what can be stressful into a jaunt of laughter. Here's the photo and quip he posted on FB. Some normie friends can be the best of friends.

That all you got Copper??? I want my one phone call… my lawyer will have me out of here faster then you can say …Litter Box!

Meanwhile as I write this, there is a mousie scurrying around on the floor behind the coffee bar. Catrina must be lazy these days as she is a mouser extraordinaire.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.

Return to “Life in Mexico”