RIP Misty Moonlight the Wolf Cat

“La verdad es que mientras más enojado estoy con este país y más lejos viajo, más mexicano me siento.”
― Jorge Ibargüengoitia, Instrucciones para vivir en México
Christine
Site Admin

RIP Misty Moonlight the Wolf Cat

Post by Christine »

This is a difficult post to write. Misty was with us at El Árbol for such a short time and yet it feels like she was always here. She went missing two Saturdays ago and was gone for six days when she miraculously returned, scraggly and skinny but she seemed okay. During the past ten days or so she was drinking water and eating small amounts of food though she seemed somewhat listless and very quiet. We thought that she was working out the trauma of finding her why back and would recover just fine. Last Friday she started breathing heavy so I took her to the local vet, she had a fever and a tooth abbesses so she was given antibiotics and a med for the pain she seemed to be in. . . For a day or so she seemed to be improving until yesterday when I arrived at the shop I could tell she was suffering and her breathing was more labored. Since I had an appointment with the vet for Angel I took her instead.

When I picked her up to put her in the car she was very uncomfortable, her pain had obviously increased. At the vet's we were taken in right away and he examined her which put her in more pain, I was told that she had swollen masses in her abdomen. I held her trying to calm her down as her tail wagged wildly back and forth and her breathing became more labored. He came in with an injection to bring down the pain, I could tell in his eyes there wasn't much hope and I asked over and over if there was more he could do. His answer was negative.

About five minutes after the injection while I cradled her in my arms waiting for the pain to subside, she went limp and I knew she was on her way out. She had had a heart attack and was gone in under a minute. A shock tends to set in when confronting such a beautiful creature leave the body—my inner self was weeping and yet I didn't let the tears rise.

She is now buried on the property at my home. Digging through the hard soil and laying her to rest kept me moving forward even though I felt numb inside. It wasn't until I had to tell Michael that real tears welled up and ran down my cheeks, mutual sorrow needs to be expressed. We chatted back and forth, consoling each other as only good friends can do. At one point he wrote: "I’m sure she’s being given the grand tour by Midnight…" as Midnight had gone on ahead of her a month ago. That made me smile in spite of the sorrow.

During last night's restless sleep I would see Misty in an astral form, it was her but she glimmered in an ethereal light, roaming around in a mountainous terrain, climbing over rocks and wandering around some forest trees. A visitation and a reminder that spirit lives on.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
karelia
Site Admin

Re: RIP Misty Moonlight the Wolf Cat

Post by karelia »

No words.Just hugs. Her memory will always remain.
https://myqueenisnature.net/

Honesty prospers in every condition of life -
Friedrich Schiller
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

I have been dreaming about Misty on and off, it's as if she is still here. Having lost other cats along the way this one feels different. I literally feel her presence in the here and now. Perhaps her spirit has lingered and she knows how deeply missed she is. Actually as I write her name, it is the give away to her spirit—Misty Moonlight the Wolf Cat, definitely mystical and with the full moon she seems to almost appear in the misty light.

Moonset this morning over the Western mountains, reminding me of a beloved.
Fred Steeves

Post by Fred Steeves »

Christine wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:20 pmI have been dreaming about Misty on and off, it's as if she is still here. Having lost other cats along the way this one feels different. I literally feel her presence in the here and now. Perhaps her spirit has lingered and she knows how deeply missed she is.
So sorry to hear you've lost another one Christine.

Braveheart hung around for about a week or two, but the only reason she made her presence known in the first place was to make sure I was okay after the manner in which she was killed. Once she saw things were cool, that I had my shit back together again, she was free to move on with things and one day, I just happened to notice that her presence was no longer there.

Sometimes people very close to us, and even our beloved pets, grace us with that parting gift.

Enjoy this extra time with Misty. Draws a little sweet out of the bitter.
The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Fred Steeves wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:07 pm
Christine wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:20 pmI have been dreaming about Misty on and off, it's as if she is still here. Having lost other cats along the way this one feels different. I literally feel her presence in the here and now. Perhaps her spirit has lingered and she knows how deeply missed she is.
So sorry to hear you've lost another one Christine.

Braveheart hung around for about a week or two, but the only reason she made her presence known in the first place was to make sure I was okay after the manner in which she was killed. Once she saw things were cool, that I had my shit back together again, she was free to move on with things and one day, I just happened to notice that her presence was no longer there.

Sometimes people very close to us, and even our beloved pets, grace us with that parting gift.

Enjoy this extra time with Misty. Draws a little sweet out of the bitter.
Fred, thank you for your sweet words. I've been outside tending my garden in the hot Mexican sun. Almost two years living here and it finally feels like home. My first plantings have taken root so there is a lot of new growth. Such are the arrivals and departures of life, so happens today while puttering around I realized that her presence had departed. Along my journey I have learned to let go and come to peace knowing that with the passing of sadness comes new joy.

Thank you also for writing your thoughts on the crumbling empire. It's a surreal reality seeing that so many people can't or won't perceive the tsunami coming ashore. Of course, more are waking up everyday so I guess we, the lucky aware, have our work before us. When I get a chance I will add some thoughts to yours.

Just came inside for a break and drink some water so I will go back outside with my bare feet on the ground.

Return to “Life in Mexico”