The Real Matrix

"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
-Muhammad Ali
PurpleLama

Re: The Real Matrix

Post by PurpleLama »

I would contend that the real MATRIX being all the contrivances of human convention, while factual in its basis (no arguing that we indeed have rules and laws) it is erroneous in its application. Its a choice whether we follow any laws or rules, or whether we are bound by any taboos. As long as there have been leaders in any type of organized societies, there have existed the rudiments of social engineering, right into the sophisticated psychological operations of today. Nonetheless, how much one goes along to get along is a choice every step of the way, even for those who don't see it as any sort of control mechanism. I suppose there is some merit to the use of the term matrix as you have, but I'd further contend that the term is misapplied to society and social convention. A matrix is a format, a substrate, which allows something to arise or be created from it, therefore in this sense it is incomplete and only approximate. Within the many realms of human experience, the field of mental within which we all reside comes closest to being a matrix, according to the meaning of the word. The word matrix is mother, likewise matter and material, that from which something is made.
Anders

Post by Anders »

PurpleLama wrote:I suppose there is some merit to the use of the term matrix as you have, but I'd further contend that the term is misapplied to society and social convention. A matrix is a format, a substrate, which allows something to arise or be created from it, therefore in this sense it is incomplete and only approximate.
Yes, I use a very narrow definition of the real Matrix, but I'm satisfied with how general the definition still is. I can plug in all kinds of things into it and it fits, including the 'Matrix' Lily Earthling and others have described. I find that fascinating.

You mentioned contrivances as a definition of the real Matrix. I looked up a definition of the word contrivance: "1. the use of skill to create or bring about something, especially with a consequent effect of artificiality. 2. a device, especially in literary or artistic composition, which gives a sense of artificiality."

Contrivances are different than rules. Or more precisely, rules are a subset of contrivances. So contrivances can be more than just rules. A painting for example is a contrivance according to the dictionary definition. As I have defined it, the real Matrix is rules. The painting is not a part of the real Matrix according to my definition. Instead the painting is a result that has been influenced by the real Matrix, to a larger or lesser degree.
PurpleLama

Post by PurpleLama »

You miss my point. In saying that there is a real matrix, make no mistake, but it isn't any matrix that has been thought up by humans, rather is a context from which mankind has arisen. Take a moment and appreciate how much effort, how many psyops, how many false memes, how much academic misdirection has occured, if you read carefully what I said previously, that is the contrivance to which I am pointing. That which has given rise to you is not something to be feared, rather that which is to be feared is you, yourself. Its your own personality, your own identity, that is the substance of the false matrix. The truth is ineffable, so eff all the rest of it.
Anders

Post by Anders »

PurpleLama wrote:You miss my point. In saying that there is a real matrix, make no mistake, but it isn't any matrix that has been thought up by humans, rather is a context from which mankind has arisen.
Ah, you mean a deeper Matrix. That can very well be true. I will ponder that.
Take a moment and appreciate how much effort, how many psyops, how many false memes, how much academic misdirection has occured, if you read carefully what I said previously, that is the contrivance to which I am pointing. That which has given rise to you is not something to be feared, rather that which is to be feared is you, yourself. Its your own personality, your own identity, that is the substance of the false matrix. The truth is ineffable, so eff all the rest of it.
Yes, absolutely. My whole personality is a result of the Matrix, even with my definition of the real Matrix. And yes, the Matrix has produced enormous amounts of manipulations, compartmentalizations and disinfo.
Anders

Post by Anders »

The ego is a result of the real Matrix. And the ego is actually very valuable and has enabled us humans to develop individual personalities. Or as Eckhart Tolle - who has bashed the ego tremendously - said, that the ego has been a necessary stage of human evolution and now it needs to be transcended.

Although a valuable development, since the ego is a result of the Matrix it is in a horrible state of separation, friction and delusion. So what to do? What to do to heal the ego without throwing out our individual personality with the bathwater? A speculative idea is to treat the ego as a sperm and the body as an egg. The ego and the body are in a severely dysfunctional relationship with each other due to the Matrix. The ego hates the body because it deteriorates over time, gets sick and dies. And the body suffers tremendously by having the ego as the "government" causing the very aging and death the ego itself hates.

So we need to let the ego as a sperm merge with the body as an egg and from that we will truly be born again into a body and mind that work in harmony together without aging and sickness. Well, that's the idea anyway.
Last edited by Anders on Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

The ego does not exist in any reality. So. trying to merge it with the body will prove to be an IMPOSSIBLE task.

With Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Anders

Post by Anders »

Eelco wrote:The ego does not exist in any reality. So. trying to merge it with the body will prove to be an IMPOSSIBLE task.
All the mental patterns formed by the Matrix into an individual identity are the ego. The question is what to do with the Matrix itself. To heal or to burn the Matrix, that is the question. Will humanity reawaken and rise like a phoenix out of the ashes of dragon fire?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS01mlh3_f8[/youtube]
Pris

Post by Pris »

Matrix (entirely) aside, what about me forming my own individual identity just because. Just because I can. And, my ego is my reality because I willed it into existence. So there.
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

In that case I wish you a carefree and happy life with it. For me it seems my ego is very much in the way of attaining anything more than momentary satisfactions.

My search is for a happiness that lasts.
Any matrix or conjuration I have made since lifetimes haven't been up for that challenge yet. So i think I still have to improve some things about my ego(perception)

With love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Pris

Post by Pris »

Pris wrote:.

Matrix (entirely) aside, what about me forming my own individual identity just because. Just because I can. And, my ego is my reality because I willed it into existence. So there.
Eelco wrote:In that case I wish you a carefree and happy life with it. For me it seems my ego is very much in the way of attaining anything more than momentary satisfactions.

My search is for a happiness that lasts.
Any matrix or conjuration I have made since lifetimes haven't been up for that challenge yet. So i think I still have to improve some things about my ego(perception)

With love
Eelco
Well, thanks... Here's the thing: I don't want a carefree life... a happy one, sure. And, that, I have. How can I have so much fun and adventure if my life was carefree? It's the unforeseen challenges -- the crazy shit that happens, things that compel me to make some kind of move... it's these things that build me up, they make me stronger and help me to grow. I love living like this. It's about constant experiencing.

"Satisfaction is not in my nature."

Btw, isn't there a saying, 'happiness is a choice'?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xz7edbxACo

Return to “General discussions”