The Awakening Man - A Guide to Become a Conscious & Powerful Man

"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
-Muhammad Ali
Spiritwind

The Awakening Man - A Guide to Become a Conscious & Powerful Man

Post by Spiritwind »

The following post was shared by a spiritually oriented male friend of mine on Facebook a while back. If you are not into internet sights that have articles all about sex, then I would not check this sight out, just to warn you. Nevertheless, I thought it was a good article, and always provide a link back to the where an article comes from, if I didn't write it myself.

The Awakening Man {A Guide to Becoming a Conscious and Powerful Man}

http://mytinysecrets.com/the-awakening- ... erful-man/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“This new warrior is noble and kind-hearted, protective, and honourable. He is also sensitive, yet not fragile. He is conscious, powerful, masculine, and Divine.”

There is a newly awakened man emerging in the collective.

He has heard the call to a deeper life in which everything is a deeply felt experience and an ever-expanding awareness that moves from the heart outward.

WHO IS THE AWAKENED MAN?
“For the awakening man, community is humanity.”

He has shifted his focus from a localized, ethnocentric perspective to a world-centric framework of perception. He has a sense of responsibility that reaches beyond self and community. He is a man whose decisions are fueled by an expansive vision of possibility for all of humankind.

“The awakening man lives from the inside out, exploring and developing his inner geography.”

More interested in inner expansion than outer achievement, the awakening man cultivates and honors his intuition. Seeking congruity between his inner life and his outer manifestations, he boldly adventures deep within, integrating the treasures he excavates into his way of being.

“The awakening man has reverence for Mother Earth. He walks upon her carefully, with conscious awareness and gratitude.”

The awakening man does not imagine himself as superior or distinct from the natural world. He understands the interconnected and interdependent nature of reality. He knows that if he does damage to the environment, he does damage to himself.

“The awakening man has reverence for the Divine Feminine – in all her forms.”

He celebrates the wonder that is woman, showing her respect, honour, and gratitude.

He refuses to accept the horrors perpetuated against women by the malevolent masculine, and he holds his brothers accountable. He co-creates a reality where all women can feel safe to move about freely, find their voice, and actualize their inherent magnificence in the world. Indeed, the awakening man is helping to usher in a new paradigm, where women and men stand as equal partners.

“The awakening man courageously embraces his vulnerability, honouring the wisdom at the heart of his pain. He is emotionally honest.”

The awakening man is not afraid to surrender – to reality, to truth, to love, understanding that this is not a weakened form of surrender, but one that is emblazoned with courage. He consciously sheds his armour, facing his issues and unconscious patterns heart on, and communicates his feelings to others in a respectful way.

Indeed, the awakening man speaks the language of the heart.

Balanced between his Divine Masculine – Divine Feminine, he openly explores his capacities for receptivity and tenderness, living not as distinctly masculine or feminine, but as whole human.

“The awakening man prioritizes conscious relationship.”

He values authentic co-creation. He honours relationship as spiritual practice. He seeks physical intimacy that is deeply vulnerable and consciously connected.He is attuned, engaged and healthily boundaried. When relationship challenges arise, he courageously works through any blocks to intimacy, boldly standing in the heartfire.

“The awakening man values spiritual freedom.”

His Spirituality is tolerant, respectful, and all inclusive, honouring all paths to God, so long they are respectful of others. He accepts those who believe, and those who don’t, and condemns any path that uses religious differences as a justification for destruction.

“The awakening man is empowered from within.”

He is empowered but he does not exploit power.

The evolved man derives his power from his connection to source, not from power over others. And he neither competes for competition’s sake, nor accumulates for the sake of accumulation. Instead, he consciously chooses to share abundance and give back to his community, ever mindful of his impact on humanity.

“The awakening man leads a purpose-full existence.”

No longer satisfied with survival alone, the newly emerging awakening man’s ambitions are rooted in higher considerations: his sacred purpose. This is what energizes him, not the machinations an unhealthy ego.

“The awakening man is not externally derived – he is authentically sourced.”

He does not compare himself to others, nor does he adapt his personality to the dictates of the crowd. He stands in his own centre, respectful of others but not defined by them. He works diligently to liberate his consciousness from the egoic ties that bind.

He has become his own benchmark, valuing authenticity over image. He is the sculptor of his own reality.

“The awakening man embodies the highest standard of integrity in his words and deeds.

The awakening man makes a sustained effort to work through anything that is not in alignment with his integrity. He honours his word, even at his own expense, holding himself accountable for his actions and their effects. Neither sidestepping or blaming, he owns his misdeeds, and makes amends for them.

“The awakening man seeks wholeness.”

No longer attached to archaic, linear notions of masculinity, the newly awakening man strives for a healthy balance between the Divine masculine and the Divine feminine. He seeks a holistic way of being that reflects both of these archetypes, and is comfortable using both as he moves through life.

“The awakening man is a warrior of the heart.”

After too many lifetimes of fighting, a benevolent warrior is being birthed on the planet. He honours the warrior capacity for assertiveness, yet he is not arbitrarily aggressive, moving instead from a space of love and compassion.

This new warrior is noble and kind-hearted, protective, and honourable.

He is also sensitive, yet not fragile.

He is conscious, powerful, masculine, and Divine.

By Jeff Brown (Please read his biography & visit his website); Edited by Chelsie Diadhiou
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Hermit

Re: The Awakening Man - A Guide to Become a Conscious & Powerful Man

Post by Hermit »

I really had to think hard before writing this response, and I may yet have to backspace a few times. I'm really surprised nobody has responded as of yet because this is not only a beautiful, but a really important topic that needs to be addressed more often.

I'm a hermit for a reason: the majority of people that I encounter are unable to relate to what I just read up above this post. The solitude of it gets to me, it really does. But the alternative is that I end up in desperate frustration. Tonight I'm taking a big risk and going for coffee with a complete stranger. All kinds of things are racing right now through my mind, from "am I too fat?" to "will I make a complete ass of myself?" to "he's way out of your league" to "remember this is just coffee, just friends" to "I am so alone." I learned these behaviors, these modes of thinking. I learned them from the men in my life, whether they wanted or intended to teach them to me or not. Needless to say, I did not have strong male role models in my life; the women in my life were strong, but dysfunctional or distant or unavailable.

I learned to be a hermit. But no one was ever able to teach me how to be a man.

Last night I started looking at the voice of this fear I'm feeling. I started asking it, "what do you need?" Instead of hating it, I started to love it and try to figure out what it wanted, what it was trying to teach me.

At the bottom of it was a little boy, maybe five or six years old, waiting for the older man to show him the way.

While I think, and I admire, a lot of what is said in the above article, I have to admit that at least in my own life, there has been a very active, very conscious void of able and capable men who are able to transmit, or were able to transmit, to teach, to mentor. And I suspect it's like this just about everywhere, but I hope I'm wrong. It's even harder being a gay man in this situation because finding the balance of masculine and feminine that is actually a more fluid thing than gender, or identity, is really challenging given what the media and the "community" think I/one should be.

I'm coming to terms with and loving the fact that I'm basically a mid-century loving bear...a hairy guy with a few extra pounds that is happy being a big hairy guy with a few extra pounds, regardless of what anyone else might think. I've come to terms with the reality that I've had to piece together masculinity in balance with femininity on my own with the help of a few mentors along the way. I'm at a place now where I've realized I can't be mentored anymore because I've reached the end of that place, come to a place where it's time to transition and do what I should've done in my 20's and begin to solidify my identity and get comfortable in my skin. Rather than contemplate the time I've taken to get here, I'm celebrating all the time I have left to figure out who this beautiful spirit is that is Pete.

The awakening is recognizing the code, the old code, that is engrained in every man (and probably every human being) that holds doors open for people, lays cloaks down over puddles, clothes the poor, and slays dragons. All without needing Axe deodorant body spray tee ehm. It is the realization that using one's hands to create waddle is as important as is having the courage to contemplate cutting a hedge row almost to the ground and anticipating that in a few years time there will once again be lilacs, or removing spruce trees to allow for better sun, or slaying a dragon.

Or meeting someone for coffee that doesn't have to be anything more than a moment of meeting and encountering another human being without any advanced agendas.
Ingressum instruas, progressum dirigas, egressum compleas.
dianna

Post by dianna »

Hermit wrote:Image

I really had to think hard before writing this response, and I may yet have to backspace a few times. I'm really surprised nobody has responded as of yet because this is not only a beautiful, but a really important topic that needs to be addressed more often.

I'm a hermit for a reason: the majority of people that I encounter are unable to relate to what I just read up above this post. The solitude of it gets to me, it really does. But the alternative is that I end up in desperate frustration. Tonight I'm taking a big risk and going for coffee with a complete stranger. All kinds of things are racing right now through my mind, from "am I too fat?" to "will I make a complete ass of myself?" to "he's way out of your league" to "remember this is just coffee, just friends" to "I am so alone." I learned these behaviors, these modes of thinking. I learned them from the men in my life, whether they wanted or intended to teach them to me or not. Needless to say, I did not have strong male role models in my life; the women in my life were strong, but dysfunctional or distant or unavailable.

Last night I started looking at the voice of this fear I'm feeling. I started asking it, "what do you need?" Instead of hating it, I started to love it and try to figure out what it wanted, what it was trying to teach me.

At the bottom of it was a little boy, maybe five or six years old, waiting for the older man to show him the way.

While I think, and I admire, a lot of what is said in the above article, I have to admit that at least in my own life, there has been a very active, very conscious void of able and capable men who are able to transmit, or were able to transmit, to teach, to mentor. And I suspect it's like this just about everywhere, but I hope I'm wrong. It's even harder being a gay man in this situation because finding the balance of masculine and feminine that is actually a more fluid thing than gender, or identity, is really challenging given what the media and the "community" think I/one should be.

I'm coming to terms with and loving the fact that I'm basically a mid-century loving bear...a hairy guy with a few extra pounds that is happy being a big hairy guy with a few extra pounds, regardless of what anyone else might think. I've come to terms with the reality that I've had to piece together masculinity in balance with femininity on my own with the help of a few mentors along the way. I'm at a place now where I've realized I can't be mentored anymore because I've reached the end of that place, come to a place where it's time to transition and do what I should've done in my 20's and begin to solidify my identity and get comfortable in my skin. Rather than contemplate the time I've taken to get here, I'm celebrating all the time I have left to figure out who this beautiful spirit is that is Pete.

The awakening is recognizing the code, the old code, that is engrained in every man (and probably every human being) that holds doors open for people, lays cloaks down over puddles, clothes the poor, and slays dragons. All without needing Axe deodorant body spray tee ehm. It is the realization that using one's hands to create waddle is as important as is having the courage to contemplate cutting a hedge row almost to the ground and anticipating that in a few years time there will once again be lilacs, or removing spruce trees to allow for better sun, or slaying a dragon.

Or meeting someone for coffee that doesn't have to be anything more than a moment of meeting and encountering another human being without any advanced agendas.
I love this post ... coffee is very important ... and you are an amazing person ...
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

B e a u t i f u l --- such an Act of Real Love to Become yourSelf.
Hermit wrote:Image

*And I agree coffee is important. lol Can we take it with us when we make the transition?

The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.

Return to “General discussions”