New Cars and Classic Oldies

“Women who love themselves are threatening; but men who love real women, more so.”
― Naomi Wolf, The Beauty Myth
Naga_Fireball

New Cars and Classic Oldies

Post by Naga_Fireball »

So the book I've been reading in my "spare time" I.e. the bathroom, The Anatomy of Love, has this section on menopause.

It says older women hit menopause and their testosterone spikes. They receive all the benefits, psychologically, that young men experience. We could call it our Second Wind.

I was going to step out on a limb and say, that kind of like Herbert and his Bene Gesserit, it seems logical that in a healthier society we should have more of these than just Angela and Hillary. Lol

What I'm saying is most men who live hard while young and full of testosterone, do not end up in places of power. I.e. Rothschild family vs. McCain, for example. The less masculine are more dominant, strangely.

It is strange that we have men using other men to fight their wars when in Celtic tradition and many other ancient cultures, women were valuable teachers (weaponsmasters and coyrtesans) and strong leaders.

A biblical example would be female Judges.

Just curious about everyone's thoughts on testosterone and leadership.

Also stay away from Depo Provera.
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Phil

Re: New Cars and Classic Oldies

Post by Phil »

Generalities CAN be useful in some cases, but more often than not they cloud issues.

We are easily manipulated, most easily through emotions, and sex (and sex roles) charge us up like no other emotional attachment. So my view is that attaching male/female testosterone/estrogen to things leads to false conclusions...keeping the mind-fuck strong.

I don't think it matters what's in between the legs of the decision makers, they got to where they are by having us be convinced they should be, whether it be through malicious manipulation (which could include using their knowledge of their sexual energy against us) or through genuine truth about their abilities to be there.
What is the purpose of your presence?
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Haha well :) the author of the book handles these issues with more sensitivity than I manage, she's the PhD lol

Is spanking non gender specific?
What about, bend over ?

Wink
~William Cowper
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

I am not sure what the author's conclusions on the "anatomy of love" are, by which I assume she is referring to the role hormones play in the game of love and war... In our next video we will be speaking about just how important hormones are as carriers of the energy that was designed to be part of the dance of life. The endocrine system, the little regulators of our body is very complex and fluid when functioning naturally and without the lock down of toxicity, be it false beliefs or the obvious onslaught to f*ck us up anyway possible.

In some of the previous threads on testosterone and sexuality my impulse came from my own journey examining the hormones, not only the physical but the astral and spiritual carriers of information that they are.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Naga_Fireball

Dr Helen Fisher

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Hi Christine,

This author is awesome because she was uber observant regarding the more subtle hormonal changes as we age, and on top of that, she is very fair about the sexes and draws clear lines between cultural difficulties such as monogamy and actual human preference.

Of course I started this thread withut factoring celibacy is a big part of gnostic experience for some.

Thanks for the input and GL on the video, I bet it will be interesting :)
~William Cowper
Fredkc

Post by Fredkc »

Testosterone, & leadership. Hmmm...

I've had leadership positions, as boss, foreman, owner, dept. head, teacher, off and on, for the last 30 years. IMO what works the best is to "lead from the pack". It's a win/win, to me.
1. You stay connected to the job, and the people doing it.
2. They see you engaged, and are less likely to spend time 2nd guessing you. Job gets done.

Most people seem to get it, and like the atmosphere. Only people I've had trouble with were the type who saw "being the boss" as someone who is there to bark orders, and intimidate. They don't like that I don't come up to their standards. ;)

Side note: Testosterone doesn't solve everything either. Ex:
The most exciting, AND scary thing a guy can do... Is look a woman straight in the eye, and tell the absolute truth.
Now who'd want to give up that, just to be boss?
Fred
Last edited by Fredkc on Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life IS mystical. It's just that we're used to it.
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Omg, is this The Fred? I talked to you a lot when I joined PA.

I agree with your clever term leading from the pack. It's important to be sensitive.

Also regarding domineering folks. Yeah there's definitely a line to cross. It's tough for people who grew up dysfunctional to be assertive in a non harmful way.

Nice that we have examples ;)
~William Cowper
Fredkc

Post by Fredkc »

It's tough for people who grew up dysfunctional to be assertive in a non harmful way.
Thats the challenge. Doing it without the baggage.

Even my first wife got things right, occasionally. She labelled people who came at dominance with a vengeance, as folk with an "insuperiority complex". I like how that goes straight to the real problem. ;)
Fred

PS: Yes, Naga. Same old Fred. Howdy
Life IS mystical. It's just that we're used to it.

Return to “Sexuality”