What is a strong man?

"I feel like everything is inspired by something else. There is no 100 percent original thought."
Ne-Yo
Christine
Site Admin

What is a strong man?

Post by Christine »

A question I have been asking a few of the strong men I know, a question that the male can answer when he finds himself. The same answers apply to a strong women of course, she is just intimately closer to herself. Here is one friends answer.
What is a strong man?
A strong man is someone who isn't afraid to show his emotions.
Isn't afraid to cry in front of strangers and release his traumas.
A strong man knows how to fiercely defend with a gentle heart.
A strong man fully loves himself inside and out while also expressing his love for others.
A strong man encourages yet doesn't do the work for another, only giving them the space and confidence to move through it themselves.
A strong man is someone who can compassionately listen with an open heart, holding space for whomever he is with.
A strong man is someone who fully respects the feminine within himself and all those around him,
Respecting women and their beauty inside and out.
A strong man is someone who respects the female form and can passionately love and only receive what is given in complete trust and respect.
A strong man is someone who shows kindness and compassion for all of creation including himself.
A strong man is someone who will go out of his way for the benefit and growth of others.
A strong man is someone who is sure of himself and his decisions, and immediately corrects himself when he steers off path.
A strong man is someone who can be a pillar for you to fall onto, while giving you the encouragement and strength to stand back up on your own.
A strong man knows how to be equally as hard as steel and as soft as a pillow.
A strong man deeply loves his Mother Earth, and will do all he can to defend her.
A strong man stands in his truth while allowing and respecting the beliefs of others, always giving room for his own opinions to change.
A strong man takes full responsibility for his actions, and does all he can to correct his mistakes.
A strong man lives a life a kindness and effort for the benefit of all creation.
Every rock, tree, plant, animal.
The time is now.
It is time to be strong.
I am right there with you.

~ Ryan Peterson
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Naga_Fireball

Re: What is a strong man?

Post by Naga_Fireball »

This was very humbling and therefore refreshing to read.

I cried a lot today. Rofl
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper

Return to “Inspiration and Food for Thought”