a creative use for out of season property such as fishing poles

"I feel like everything is inspired by something else. There is no 100 percent original thought."
Ne-Yo
Naga_Fireball

a creative use for out of season property such as fishing poles

Post by Naga_Fireball »

If you have stacks of weird shit lying around, believe it or not, it could save you money on energy bill and help keep you warm.

I just don't wanna give advice that could burn someone's house. Lol.

My LL never came to remove my AC unit for instance. It causes a draft to blow thru right next to my dvd playing computer. I leaned various shit there and tried putting up pieces of folder and cardboard etc.

Well this week my local consignment wenches alerted me to some merchandising fail. I had to go save my shit from their dumpster.

One group of items was 4 boat mounted heavy duty fishing poles that do Not break down
Not a great thing to hoard.

Lo and behold, by adding a string to two poles and putting a half pole in between from another pile of shit, i made a piece of tent framing that goes floor to ceiling and can be moved around. I hung one of the only tablecloths i have from it, tying the corners to the top.

It isnt perfect but made a huge ass difference. If it wasn't for fire hazard I'd say paper or plastic would be even better.

This creative use of fishing equipment for weatherizing trouble spots might be good for homeless people to know. A lot of the local ones here fish in summer time to supplement their diet and income.

It's sad that in America there's so many hoops to jump thru for a money voucher etc but lots of people arent using their head or recycling at all.

Speaking of recycling. With a spool of yarn and a season's worth of plastic water bottles, you can create your own makeshift insulation. Tie the bottles into a block and stack the blocjs against drafty spots, amd cover with a blanket or curtain.

They say air is the best insulation there is, and it's free.
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper

Return to “Inspiration and Food for Thought”