Mongolia Reindeer Tribe

"I feel like everything is inspired by something else. There is no 100 percent original thought."
Ne-Yo
Christine
Site Admin

Mongolia Reindeer Tribe

Post by Christine »

This was so beautiful I simply had to share it ... "Hyperborea was a fabulous realm of eternal spring located in the far north beyond the home of the north wind. Its people were a blessed, long-lived race untouched by war, hard toil and the ravages of old age and disease."

"This idyllic land was described in 518 BC by the Greek poet Pindaras as "Hyperborea" and the tribe as a healing race living peacefully where “neither disease nor bitter old age is mixed… in their sacred blood; far from labor and battle…”

It's neighbored by the Russian border and the remote Darkhad Valley. The area is noted for its inaccessibility and remoteness, even by local standards.

Although the Dukha call the area home, they are certainly not a dominating force. They readily share their space with an incredible array of their animal neighbors."
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Naga_Fireball

Re: Mongolia Reindeer Tribe

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Christine, thank you for posting this.

My family had a friend in the late 90s, a program director, who happened to be working on an Anthropology degree at the time we were in Mongolia.

He decided to help these tribes establish a treaty permitting access between Mongolia and Russia, as the genetic stock suffered greatly from the closed border.

They were so grateful to him for trying to do this, they gave him the copper cooking pot that had formerly occupied the center of their village. He was so humbled by the incredible spirit of generosity and gratitude displayed by these people who virtually exist outside of time.
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper

Return to “Inspiration and Food for Thought”