Captain Shitstorm's Flaming Wingnuts (Comey Kicks Public Sensibility in the Balls)

"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
-Muhammad Ali
Naga_Fireball

Captain Shitstorm's Flaming Wingnuts (Comey Kicks Public Sensibility in the Balls)

Post by Naga_Fireball »

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/29/politics/ ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Comey: I know when I'm going to cause a 'storm'
By Eli Watkins, CNN

Updated 11:19 PM ET, Wed March 29, 2017

Story highlights
Comey says the FBI is nonpartisan

He says it is harder to vet people from places where the United States doesn't have "robust" relationships

Washington (CNN)FBI Director James Comey said Wednesday his agency makes its decisions on a nonpartisan basis and said he doesn't care about the political backlash of the choices he makes.

"I know that when I make a hard decision, a storm is going to follow," Comey said at the Intelligence and National Security Alliance Leadership dinner. "Honestly, I don't care."

During a question-and-answer session, Comey said he regretted that the FBI confused people with decisions like announcing the reopening of an investigation into Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton's email practices as secretary of state, but attributed their confusion to partisan blinders.

"People sometimes look at me and say, 'Look at what you did, look at what you did,'" Comey said. "Most people are wearing glasses that filter the world according to (their) side."

Nunes, Comey clash on whether FBI chief invited to House Russia investigation

Comey has become a lightning rod for controversy over the past year. During the presidential campaign, he publicly announced he would not recommend the Department of Justice move to prosecute Clinton, although he did criticize her at length. Then, shortly before the election, Comey sent a letter to Congress saying the FBI was reopening its investigation.

He then sent another letter days after that, confirming the FBI was still not recommending prosecution.

Last week, Comey appeared before the House intelligence committee for a public hearing and confirmed the FBI was investigating Donald Trump's campaign for potential collusion with Russia to bolster Trump's electoral effort.

The FBI was party to a joint intelligence community assessment accusing Russia of attempting to influence the election. Russia has denied wrongdoing, as has Trump, who recently said on Twitter that the entire story was a "hoax."

Asked about the House and Senate intelligence committees tasked with oversight of the FBI, Comey said it was important the FBI communicate with them as best it could and said that despite partisan flareups, the process worked "very well."

He defended the FBI, which has been criticized by both Democrats and Republicans in the past year.

"We're not on anybody's side ever," Comey said. "The FBI made these decisions in a high quality way."

Vetting

Appointed to his post in 2013 by then-President Barack Obama, before becoming an unlikely but significant figure in the 2016 presidential race, Comey has spent the past few weeks navigating the waters of the nascent Trump administration.

Trump has issued two executive orders imposing what he has called "extreme vetting" by restricting travel from several majority-Muslim nations and suspending the refugee program. Both orders have been stalled in the court system.

Comey declined to comment on specific policies, but said the government was always looking to improve its vetting system and that it is more difficult to vet people coming from places where the United States hadn't established "robust" relationships.

"The challenge of people coming from places where we don't have those relationships is, as good as our systems might be, we're not going to have any dots to connect," Comey said.

Speaking about acts of individual violence in the United States such vetting is meant to prevent, Comey called the individuals "wingnuts" and said they were troubled people the FBI was doing its best to investigate.

CNN's Artemis Moshtaghian and Mary Kay Mallonee contributed to this report.
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Re: Captain Shitstorm's Flaming Wingnuts (Comey Kicks Public Sensibility in the Balls)

Post by Naga_Fireball »

I think they should show the evidence that Russia supposedly did anything wrong.

Because if they keep going on about non issues it buries real news under Comey's snotty storms.

I thought they weren't supposed to influence politics publicly. Is he having an ego war with Mr Trump or what?

How about getting the gangs off our streets before calling people names Mr Comey... jee there's only a bust where there's money to be had apparently.

It must be nice to go to fancy dinners in safety while the ordinary citizen can barely leave the house in some neighborhoods.

/flame
/bitch
/moan

P.s.
Comey doesn't need to bother being nice because they can just blackmail ya...
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Re: Captain Shitstorm's Flaming Wingnuts (Comey Kicks Public Sensibility in the Balls)

Post by Naga_Fireball »

I have something to say about the laptop ban:

Bullshit.

Those airplanes are hackable IMHO, remember the Germanwings coverup. I think they are talking about that and the one blamed on Russia behind closed doors.

I really don't believe that explosives are the true reason this electronics ban happened. It could be one aspect of it all. But the issue of having a console on one's person with hardware capable of literally hijacking a fly by wire jet, that would be truly horrendous if it was possible, and people obviously haven't been reading between enough lines.

Even sheeple are smarter than this.
In fact, trying to fool these so called 'sheeple' will have disastrous side effects.

I think they should tell us the whole truth.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Well, we won't get the whole story, but as most of you already heard, James Comey has been let go.

It is actually a bit sad, but perhaps unfortunately for EE, not as shocking as it could be.

The chap has been sawing a hole around himself every time he opens his mouth on stage -- forget the lady in a box, here's how to dissect a career in 60 seconds apparently.

Comey didn't say many things that were ultimately shocking, but altogether and in context, it amounts to a ship taking on water and this guy's ego was really large.

Perhaps by playing along with the drama he was able to cling on a bit longer and expose the weakness of both candidates -- but why??

@@

Will America ever know why the giant James who overreached ended up being canned?

(Sorry, been dying to make a giant peach joke for a while)

I hope he saved some money. . . Or gets a book deal with Oprah, lol
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

The short & sweet farewell,
Sounds as if he knew this would happen:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/10/politics/ ... ll-letter/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:(

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... ocument/p1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
To all:

I have long believed that a President can fire an FBI Director for any reason, or for no reason at all. I'm not going to spend time on the decision or the way it was executed. I hope you won't either. It is done, and I will be fine, although I will miss you and the mission deeply.

I have said to you before that, in times of turbulence, the American people should see the FBI as a rock of competence, honesty, and independence. What makes leaving the FBI hard is the nature and quality of its people, who together make it that rock for America.

It is very hard to leave a group of people who are committed only to doing the right thing. My hope is that you will continue to live our values and the mission of protecting the American people and upholding the Constitution.

If you do that, you too will be sad when you leave, and the American people will be safer.

Working with you has been one of the great joys of my life. Thank you for that gift.

Jim Comey
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Apparently Trump is still kicking at sparks,

"James Comey better hope that there are no 'tapes' of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press," Trump tweeted

Trump didn't provide further details Friday on whether he was taping conversations

(CNN)President Donald Trump issued a thinly veiled threat Friday to fired FBI Director James Comey, an extraordinary development in the ongoing feud between the President and the agencies investigating alleged ties between his campaign and Russia.

The tweet seemed to suggest there are possibly recorded conversations between Trump and Comey that could be leaked to counter the former FBI director if necessary: "James Comey better hope that there are no 'tapes' of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press."
~William Cowper

Return to “General discussions”