The police, the sand dunes, a search, and a drowning

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before."
-Edgar Allan Poe
Naga_Fireball

The police, the sand dunes, a search, and a drowning

Post by Naga_Fireball »

This morning I had a very disturbing dream.

I'd watched an episode of HBOs True Blood series, where Jason Stackhouse shoves Detective Andy Belfleur while under the influence of vampire blood, and knocks the larger middle aged policeman into the side of a truck.

In my dream, I walked out of darkness into light. I distinctly remember it being the site on which a trailer my grandparents had owned once sat, a place I visited often and eventually lived in for a short time after my grandparents built their house.

In the dream it is as if I'd come out of the structure, yet it was not visible. There was a row of cars parked facing the trailer site.

In between them a few somber faced detectives were apparently standing and milling about. One was dressed like the character in that show, in a formal suit.

Suddenly we were no longer by the old house site, but standing in sand dunes similar to Corpus Christi TX, but the water was filthy looking like Chesapeake Bay, and it looked vaguely like a cross between Potomac river and Golden Gardens marina.

Curiously, the detectives and a few of my family members maybe, i dont remember who, were peeking over and out from between these dunes at the brown saltwater.

I saw a bright orange life raft such as is deployed from a ship or submarine.

On the edge facing inward was my cousin Ian combination formal suit and scuba gear. If I'm not mistaken irl he is working some sort of navy civilian job, not sure lol. Anyhow, he's sitting on this damn raft, me and this weirdly somber crowd of cops are watching from the sand, and suddenly a 6ft wave comes roaring up from the water behind him, the direction of the entrance to the cove, and his older sister Taryn pops up out of the wave like a demon and capsizes the boat violently, tipping Ian backwards out of the flipping raft, and she vanishes.

After Ian climbs out onto the beach and whines to the cops, I ask Where is Taryn, and the cops just look at me sadly, and i hear some version of We weren't able to locate her.

Before that moment i remember feeling a terrible panic and sinking unease as i scanned the waves for Taryn as she was presumably drowning.

It was like I floated over the water, hovering sort of like Genesis, lol.

But i was so upset and then sickened by how the guys paid so much attention to the male survivor but not the drowned elder sister.

Wtb Freud, Jung, Daniel and Joseph lmao.
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Re: The police, the sand dunes, a search, and a drowning

Post by Naga_Fireball »

This morning as I was waking up,
I dreamed that I was coming up on the intersection opposite the UB newspaper building, about to turn left around the corner toward the glass shop, and before I got there, suddenly my former lawyer re my son strides out, but without looking up, knows I am there and walks faster.

Incidentally I am turning left and he's striding off to my right.

Yesterday after jury selection I was reflecting on how quickly he scuttled off down the hall away from us jurors. It was like watching quail..... :(

Before yesterday's jury stuff I'd dreamed of arguing with spouse and others. Very long, depressing, exhausting dreams.

But the ones with the attorney and my son and the mystery men are always very brief.

Funny how the mind works.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Fyi, the Ian in the dream is interesting detail.

The heroin dealer I'm trying to get them to bust is an Ian.

And Oxycodone causes a side effect like drowning.

If only the authorities could connect the dots, living above a drug dealer really blows donkey.
~William Cowper
finaltom

Dreams.

Post by finaltom »

I get a slight impression that this Ian is a representation of your own fear, trying to intimidate yourself from moving forward. Something that is very helpful for dream interpretations is to separate it completely from your thoughts or beliefs in a post. A helpful tip is to Italicize your dream, so that we can see where the dream begins and ends.

On a side note. We all have a choice. When we keep ourselves in a situation that does not appeal to us, this is a choice. A fear to make a choice is a lesson we must always contend with to grow past those fears. You always have the choice to move away and better your situation, or handle it in other ways to make your own situation and feeling be comfortable with your position. Don't let them make the choice for you and your peace of mind.

Take control of your happiness.
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Thank you!

Actually, lol -- it's been bugging me a lot that I have not found a good way to indicate/separate the image from the interpretation.

:(

Even Stephen King figured out italics. ;)

Yeah, I need to figure a solution to this situation. Seems like a person with knowledge of the courthouse could figure it out.

Unfortunately i signed a lease that had illegal clauses in it about promising to pay the landlord's legal costs in the event he is sued. He's way ahead of the little guy imo.

Thank you for the empowering encouragement.
Yep re habits etc. When it rains it does pour, with some folks. I ought to be grateful for the shock.

On the flip side though, contrasting with the helplessness, it is good to notice things and try to improve our communities. Self work is good. This is true. But sometimes a specific talent is required in order to solve a problem and the annoying side effects can be extreme.

Like autism for instance. Or being a hypervigilant country bumpkin. Heh @@

Naga_Fireball wrote:This morning I had a very disturbing dream.

I'd watched an episode of HBOs True Blood series, where Jason Stackhouse shoves Detective Andy Belfleur while under the influence of vampire blood, and knocks the larger middle aged policeman into the side of a truck.

In my dream, I walked out of darkness into light. I distinctly remember it being the site on which a trailer my grandparents had owned once sat, a place I visited often and eventually lived in for a short time after my grandparents built their house.

In the dream it is as if I'd come out of the structure, yet it was not visible. There was a row of cars parked facing the trailer site.

In between them a few somber faced detectives were apparently standing and milling about. One was dressed like the character in that show, in a formal suit.

Suddenly we were no longer by the old house site, but standing in sand dunes similar to Corpus Christi TX, but the water was filthy looking like Chesapeake Bay, and it looked vaguely like a cross between Potomac river and Golden Gardens marina.

Curiously, the detectives and a few of my family members maybe, i dont remember who, were peeking over and out from between these dunes at the brown saltwater.

I saw a bright orange life raft such as is deployed from a ship or submarine.

On the edge facing inward was my cousin Ian combination formal suit and scuba gear. If I'm not mistaken irl he is working some sort of navy civilian job, not sure lol. Anyhow, he's sitting on this damn raft, me and this weirdly somber crowd of cops are watching from the sand, and suddenly a 6ft wave comes roaring up from the water behind him, the direction of the entrance to the cove, and his older sister Taryn pops up out of the wave like a demon and capsizes the boat violently, tipping Ian backwards out of the flipping raft, and she vanishes.

After Ian climbs out onto the beach and whines to the cops, I ask Where is Taryn, and the cops just look at me sadly, and i hear some version of We weren't able to locate her.

Before that moment i remember feeling a terrible panic and sinking unease as i scanned the waves for Taryn as she was presumably drowning.

It was like I floated over the water, hovering sort of like Genesis, lol.

But i was so upset and then sickened by how the guys paid so much attention to the male survivor but not the drowned elder sister.

Wtb Freud, Jung, Daniel and Joseph lmao.
~William Cowper

Return to “Dream Journal”