Twenty One Days on the Danube to the Black Sea | A Journey of Endurance and Grace

"She sees now that it is a state of nothingness that is so strangely full in which she occupies space. She can move up and down, sideways and around, a state of awareness waking within the dream.
Her beat is Love, her will fierce, she won’t back down.
-Lucky Boots
Fred Steeves

Re: Twenty One Days on the Danube to the Black Sea | A Journey of Endurance and Grace

Post by Fred Steeves »

Christine wrote: we thanked our host profusely and were offered a bed for the night which we accepted.
Adi, retired sailor, excellent wood fire chef and host.
There are others visiting this fishing camp, a sea captain and a friend … a few locals come by and to our delight one man offers Cristian the opportunity to ride his horse. Another gift as Cristi has never been on horseback a dream fulfilling and a fine rspirited animal could not have been delivered.

Happiness sparks the air in moments like these.
"People on the river are happy to give" goes the line from the classic CCR song, maybe that's in part because life is good on the river, more how it's supposed to be. I'll bet that bowl of warm stew, the good company, and a bed for the night made all the difference in the world. The simple things!

The first river trip I went on it was cold, drizzly, and the river was flooded to boot, making campsites very difficult to find. A few days in there was not even any dry land to be found to set up camp, so we lashed the canoes together off to the side, ate a cold canned dinner, and slept in the canoes under the steady drizzle. Miserable.

There was no joy in Mudville again paddling in the cold drizzle the next day, but then our Adi appeared right on cue that evening. The people out on the dock of one of the rare houses must have taken pity, motioned for us to paddle on over, and offered to open the place up for twelve cold and weary strangers. A hot shower, warm meal, and a warm house to sleep in made all the difference in the world, and starting out renewed again, the trip got much better after that.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpqz3cdVPLM[/youtube]
The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates
Christine
Site Admin

Re: Twenty One Days on the Danube to the Black Sea | A Journey of Endurance and Grace

Post by Christine »

Fred Steeves wrote:"People on the river are happy to give" goes the line from the classic CCR song, maybe that's in part because life is good on the river, more how it's supposed to be. I'll bet that bowl of warm stew, the good company, and a bed for the night made all the difference in the world. The simple things!

The first river trip I went on it was cold, drizzly, and the river was flooded to boot, making campsites very difficult to find. A few days in there was not even any dry land to be found to set up camp, so we lashed the canoes together off to the side, ate a cold canned dinner, and slept in the canoes under the steady drizzle. Miserable.

There was no joy in Mudville again paddling in the cold drizzle the next day, but then our Adi appeared right on cue that evening. The people out on the dock of one of the rare houses must have taken pity, motioned for us to paddle on over, and offered to open the place up for twelve cold and weary strangers. A hot shower, warm meal, and a warm house to sleep in made all the difference in the world, and starting out renewed again, the trip got much better after that.
Thank you for sharing, the one thing I wanted to avoid was being wet and cold, as you describe your ordeal I know fully well why. It is so true the rural people who live close to the river are warm and inviting.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

It took four days but I finally posted the whole photo diary on the Earth Empath's website, I won't even bother to say how many technical issues I encountered but I prevailed in the end. Here's the link if anyone wants to take a look, our trip grew more intensely vibrant at the end including a haunting and a vision ... may you enjoy the read as much as we enjoyed the journey.

http://earthempaths.net/wp/2017/09/08/t ... and-grace/

Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

Thank you so much Christine for sharing your journey with us. It is so well written, with soul, that I just slipped into the journey along with you both. Enjoyed it immensely.

So much Love.
Om Mani Padme Hum
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

"So much love" ... that is my favorite quote of my granddaughter Madeline. On Christmas night last year after our sharing of gifts that was all she had to say.

The sun and the moon played so deeply in our experience that I thought of you often dear Moonlight. A lot is stirring and rearranging inside us all. With that said I am sure that my fingers will want to hit the keyboard soon to try and grasp what was told to me many months back. "Take back the moon." This single phrase has reverberated through me often so there is something vital to be comprehended, me think. :)
Moonlight wrote:Thank you so much Christine for sharing your journey with us. It is so well written, with soul, that I just slipped into the journey along with you both. Enjoyed it immensely.

So much Love.

Return to “Latest blog entry”