Jimmy Carter!

''Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.''
-Bruce Lee
Naga_Fireball

Jimmy Carter!

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Most of you probably read about former Pres. Jimmy Carter's brain cancer diagnosis :(
The drs told him, melanoma is spreading from liver to his brain, there are 4 spots.

Please pray for this gentleman, that he might have more years.
Please pray that he will take advantage of traditional & alternative medicine,
whether it's experimental injections or cannabis oil, etc.

I believe that Jimmy Carter has a lot more to offer humanity,
and we should pray for his recover from cancer.

WHEN I WAS A KID,
I grew up with parents and grandparents who chuckled at the mentioning of Carter's name,
called him a joke of a president, referred boredly to Habitat for Humanity as his "1 great accomplishment",
while at the same time they sort of laughed behind the backs of the disabled and homeless --

It's really sad to see absolutely dedicated religious people even slightly tainted by classism/racism.
It's the one apple that can poison the whole barrel of a person's ministry.

That is exactly why people should be proud that we had a president once, like Jimmy Carter -
he might have made some mistakes that he regrets, some strategic errors,
but in general he seems to have cared deeply for humanity, and continues to minister to people in spite of poor health.

I'm quite sad in fact that I grew up (part of the time anyway) in a house with George Bush on the wall,
where "JImmy Carter" and "Barbra Streisand" were practically curse words (A South Park episode about my family would be brutal);
in my slower more exhausted years, I'm seeing the wisdom of the old man who wanted to help people when they're down,
instead of judging them...

If it wasn't for people like Carter building houses for folks in Nepal who suffered from the earthquakes,
who would be helping? Too often it is the poor who end up absorbing the misfortune of the displaced...
as we are seeing with the situation in Greece, it's the poorer coastal folks who are helping the refugees...

It should be humanity's top priority,
to ensure people have clean water, clothing,
a home to live in (if they want that), sanitation,
food.

The rest can wait!
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper

Return to “Express yourself”