RIP Midnight

“La verdad es que mientras más enojado estoy con este país y más lejos viajo, más mexicano me siento.”
― Jorge Ibargüengoitia, Instrucciones para vivir en México
Christine
Site Admin

RIP Midnight

Post by Christine »

Almost two years ago a scrawny starving black cat wandered into the café. He was literally crazy with hunger. Since Catrina was freaked out by him Michael decided to take him home. This morning when I got to the shop, Midnight was laying dead in the driveway, apparently poisoned by someone in the neighborhood who doesn't like cats. I feel heartbroken for he was an amazing cat. Here is what Michael wrote about him on Facebook. Right now we are just sitting around feeling the sadness of loss and also the disbelief that human's are so cruel.

"R.I.P. My beautiful loving angel of a cat Midnight. Black cats are not well loved here in Mexico and It seems someone decided to poison him last night while he was out roaming. He was the sweetest cuddle cat who not only snuggled between my legs at night while I slept but also had the most accurate internal time clock of any animal I’ve had the pleasure to love. 7pm every night he would jump on my lap, stick his beautiful face in mine and just meow like crazy til I fed him. Not 6:59, not 7:01, but seven precisely! You could set your watch to it! I buried him under a lovely tree at the coffee shop across the street where
he first tentatively approached me. He was a scrawny, malnourished, scrapper of a street cat back then but with a little love and a lot of food… blossomed into the most friendly loving cuddle cat you could ever want.
This is a tough one …but luckily I’ve got Carl, Cooper, Angel, Katrina and Misty to cuddle with to ease the sadness for a bit when it strikes. And my friend Christina to reminisce with and have a great shoulder to cry on… she loved Midnight as much as I did and really helped in those first few months as we nursed him back to health.
R.I.P. buddy… we’ll meet again and I promise to scratch under your chin for as long as you like!"

The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Fred Steeves

Re: RIP Midnight

Post by Fred Steeves »

So sorry to hear that Christine, people can indeed be heartless and cruel.
The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

Return to “Life in Mexico”