Hermeticism: The Ancient Wisdom of Hermes Trismegistus

“It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

“The legendary figure of Hermes Trismegistus (Hermes Thrice Great) is the inspiration for the spiritual teachings known as Hermeticism. He is a syncretism (joining) of the Greek deity Hermes, the winged messenger of the Gods, and his Egyptian counterpart, the Ibis-headed moon god Thoth.

The Way of Hermes involved altered states of consciousness in which practitioners went through a training regime that involved luminous visions, spiritual rebirth, cosmic consciousness, and union with the divine beauty of universal goodness and truth to attain the salvational knowledge known as gnosis.“

I found this video to be an excellent dissertation on Hermeticism, the video creator is clearly very knowledgable and provides references for books that he feels are important to read. It isn’t often that I find any video or writing in which everything it contains will resonate in me as truth expressed. This one did.

For years I have been writing about gnosis though I have never given myself the label of Gnostic even though I do have past life memories of having lived with the Essenes and the Cathars. Hermeticism parallels yet diverts from the duality, expressed in the few preserved classic Gnostic texts such as the Nag Hammadi Codices. Eternalised compares Gnostisim with Hermeticism without undermining the value that is within Gnostic gospels.

For anyone interested in Esoteric Gnosis, Thoth, and Hermes Trismegistus I highly recommend this video.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.

Return to “Recommended Videos and Podcasts”