The Prepared Mind (Why Spiritual Initiation Is Necessary) | Gigi Young

"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
-Muhammad Ali
Cristian

The Prepared Mind (Why Spiritual Initiation Is Necessary) | Gigi Young

Post by Cristian »

The importance of spiritual Initiation when it comes to perceiving our ancient past.
- Can we understand Lemuria and Atlantis without Spiritual Development?
- What happens when the mind is unprepared and tries to enter into spiritual topics?
- The importance of Spiritual Science and Personal Development in order to raise ones consciousness.
Fred Steeves

Re: The Prepared Mind (Why Spiritual Initiation Is Necessary) | Gigi Young

Post by Fred Steeves »

There's definitely something to this. Even just a ceremonial process of walking young people through their transition into adulthood is a much needed thing IMO. I was definitely one that would have greatly benefitted from this, and at times I look back, shake my head, and wonder how much smoother that time could have gone in a culture where there's a process in place.

This is how we do it, this is what's expected of you, these are important things you need to know, things that deserve your consideration as you make your transition into adult society. The eyes of society are upon you, make us proud as we welcome you in.

That sort of thing.

Sure could have saved a lot of trouble for a young man fumbling and bumbling about trying to figure out who he is, what he wants to do, and how he wants to do it.

Although I reckon there's something to be said for the method we do have, just go out there and wing it, live from mistake to mistake, fuck up to fuck up, maybe you'll stumble your way into a bit of wisdom some sunny day if you keep at it hard enough and long enough.

Then again, were there this deep cultural process in play for the transition, maybe I could have begun a true spiritual journey at say, 18 for a random number, rather than into my thirties where I stumbled upon the timeless teachings of one Mr. Alan Watts.

Anyway... I dunno, my rambling thoughts on the matter but, in the end, it should also be considered that things are precisely as they should be - for this current version of the game.
The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

Helped my fourth child move to her own place the other day.
Maybe not as ritualistic as some cultures, but I think we both felt him coming of age.. of sorts.

I am happy to anouce it appears He handles himself better than I did when I moved out. He seems to eat well and study.
I remember quitting school, doing drugs and living in squats not long after leaving..
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Cristian

Post by Cristian »

Topics:
- What does it mean to profane the Mysteries?
- The Key to entering Higher Consciousness
- Astral Streams
- Why some people awaken and others do not
- The Spiritual Heirarchies
- The Structure of Initiation
- The Spiritual Masters
Fred Steeves

Post by Fred Steeves »

I've long had the feeling that the mystery schools of old weren't just wiped off the face of the earth, that at a certain point it was thought best to take it underground. Not unlike trees shedding their leaves for the dark cold winter.

I wonder at what point a decision like that might have been made, after the Library of Alexandria was burned perhaps?

I wonder at what point it may be thought to be safe again to re-emerge? With the current changing of the guard underway spring time may be just around the corner, but I doubt any of us here will be around long enough to see them out in the open again. Maybe next time around.
The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

I had a nice listen to Gigi this morning, she speaks of esoterica in basic common sense language. So much of what she addressed is observed by those who have been through "initiations". I would venture to say that most present-day "mystery schools" are profane to one degree or another, not that they set out to be that way per se, it is easy to become corrupted in the present reality, especially if infiltrated, which we know most orders have been. Personally, from my experiences and innately, I have not been attracted to people who channel, read tarot cards, or use other forms of divination. While these have a valuable place and usage under certain circumstances I know far too many people who become dependent on them and thus debilitate their silent voice within.

Fred, I think you are right that from the time of the burning (and plundering) of the Library of Alexandria knowledge has had to go underground. While it may not surface again for a long time, it lives inside those who have at least reached a level of comprehension that humility and purity are the paths forward. This is the way of the heart, once the grace of the All enters this sacred chamber it can't be forgotten and if listened to becomes in unerring guide.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.

Return to “General discussions”