Luci the Cat Goes Missing then Mysteriously Reappears

“La verdad es que mientras más enojado estoy con este país y más lejos viajo, más mexicano me siento.”
― Jorge Ibargüengoitia, Instrucciones para vivir en México
Christine
Site Admin

Luci the Cat Goes Missing then Mysteriously Reappears

Post by Christine »

Luci, aka: Luci-Fur, Luci the Terrible, The Claw, and other names used to describe her character went missing. All her names are really terms of endearment as she was a bit twisted from the abuse she received from her previous owner, she is truly adorable. After rescuing her it took a few years for her to find her grove and not randomly scratch or bite the hand that reached over to caress her.

Monday night when I was going to bed big rain drops splattered on the windows. In review I don't recall seeing the cats in the house as I went to bed though this isn't unusual. On Tuesday morning I had to leave the house early so wasn't really paying much attention as I dressed and gathered my things for the day leaving in a bit of a rush. Returning that evening I realized that Luci wasn't around and hadn't been that morning — she's always waiting for my return to be fed. Looking in all the drawers that she routinely hides in, opening every cupboard and drawer in the whole house she was no where to be found. My senses were not picking up her presence so I went outside, scanned the roof top, opened my storage trailer as I called her name walking the perimeter of the property. No Luci, she never wanders far but thinking she may have I gave up for the night. It squalled again that night, a pretty good downpour.

Not sensing her anywhere and having lost three cats lately my feelings accepted that she was gone. I asked a few friends with sight to look and both came back with not good news. In a restless night with weird dreams and fully waking at 2:30 AM, I busied myself trying to keep my mind off of Luci. Laying down again around 5:00 I fell into a state of half sleep-half awake and had a vision of an owl swooping down and carrying Luci away. For me this was symbolic of death or it could have actually happened.

Wednesday, still no Luci and more evening rain. Acceptance that she was gone had set in.

This morning finding myself in a flow state, meaning I was moving gently through the morning without much thought. The household and garden chores were done without resistance as I prepared for departure. On some unknown impulse I stepped onto my back patio to brush my hair feeling the warmth of the sun radiating over the mountain tops, this is something I have never done as I often leave with my hair unbrushed all day. As I stood there I heard a demurred meow, looking up there was Luci on the roof staring at me. I have no idea how she got there, she's never climbed the tree next to the roof before and clearly she had no idea how to climb down so I got the tall ladder and grabbing her by the scruff of her neck carried her to the ground. She looked no worse for the wear, calmly went inside to eat seeming totally nonplussed.

Honestly I don't know what to think about this, it does seem surreal in many ways so I will simply accept it as a minor miracle.

She has earned a new name, Luci the Miracle.

The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Fred Steeves

Re: Luci the Cat Goes Missing then Mysteriously Reappears

Post by Fred Steeves »

Well that was another scary! Glad it worked out well, and just came down to a cat doing silly cat type things, you didn't need to lose another one.

We had one of our three dogs go missing a few years ago, I mentioned to a dear elderly neighbor friend how unlike it was for any of them to stray like that from home, and what he said set off alarm bells:

"Oh no, it's happening again". ''

"What's happening again?"

"Dog stealers. There's a lab up in southern Kentucky that pays people to bring them dogs to experiment on, and some time ago (before we moved in) we had a rash of dogs go missing, and that's where they were winding up".

For the first time in my life, I saw red like a bull. I was enraged inside. The thought that one of my sweet little animal friends may be on a ride with other captives up to some hideous experimental lab was almost too much to bear, and nothing to do to change it, no trail to follow for a rescue.

Gone for the first evening's head count, the whole next day, and by that next evening, in desperation I acted. Went down to the pond where I walk the dogs to every evening, had a seat to go into meditation, and out of nowhere the thought occurred to me "I'm going to bring the forces of the universe down to bear on the son of a bitch that stole my dog for some sick experimental lab to do, god knows what".

You know, I knew I was doing an act of magick without even knowing how to do it. It just came to me. I saw a river of available energy, I poured my full fury into it, and directed it towards the perpetrator. It was almost like being electrocuted when you can't let go of it, this force I was interacting with and directing, all I really remember thinking consciously was "god help this person for what's heading their way".

And then that was that, the act was done and I was drained. Early the next morning it was still dark out, maybe 5AM, and we we both bolted upright in bed at a familiar bark. I leaped up to the front of the house, looked out a window, and here came Turbo scooting up the driveway on her way back home.

She was so scared yet happy at the same time!

What seemed likely was that how dirty she was, and just full of dozens of tics, is that someone nearby was holding her in some outdoor pen with a bunch of other captive dogs, come out to check on them in the morning, and she got out when he opened the door. Either that, or he was compelled to let her out.

Ever since then I still worry that sleazy people like this are out there. When I throw them in the back of the truck for a dog ride to the store, there's always that thought in the back of my head what if there's some scumbag watching this parking lot for just such an opportunity to walk up and lure someone's pet with a treat soon as they're inside.

So that's the story of the Tennessee pet stealers. Some time after this happened, a neighbor tied his dog out in front of the local grocery store to run in real quick and grab a couple of things, when he came back out the dog was gone, and he never saw it again. That told me that they're still out there, at least from time to time.

What a way to make a living eh?
The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Hey Fred, I have been meaning to reply to your near tragic and yet powerful story. Life is full of so many lessons, one is how to manage fury. I wonder what you can do with that, given the outrageous state of the world. Not suggesting you go after the muppets on the world stage, they will pay the price soon enough for the times they are a-changin'. They will eat their own soon enough, it is the way of those who practice violence with zero empathy.

In one moment there is the impact of the stark horror being perpetrated on the sanctity of all life and in the next moment there is this rise of Spirit spreading its wings. I posted a podcast on the forum this morning that played every string of my heart; the knowing, the knowledge, the courage, the expansion of human consciousness that is starting to blossom. I feel we all know that it is time to take our attention away from the dark agenda and get our feet muddy in the earth planting seeds. My garden is the metaphor most apt in my life right now, every weekday morning when I come to town I have to pull myself away from the call of the roots, yes, I can hear them humming when not bothered by unnecessary thoughts.

Meanwhile Luci is her perfect weird self doing silly cat things.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Fred Steeves

Post by Fred Steeves »

Well Christine, fury is an interesting thing, haven’t quite figured out how it works. I’m normally VERY slow to anger, and even on rare occasion when it happens it’s brief, like a passing thunderstorm.

The same thing happened one other time. I’ve told this story elsewhere, when a few years years ago I heard some dog rumblings outside, went out to our upper front deck, to see that three mangy (and big!) feral dogs had appeared out of the woods and were making moves to attack Braveheart.

It’s like a different version of me has the ability to step forward, take charge, and handle the business at hand in a moment of crisis.

So that’s when it happened. Instantly seeing red, the words “OH NO NOT THE OLD ONE!!!” flashed through my mind, and that’s where I was placed in the back seat so to speak, and that something else took the wheel. Completely.

Being an observer only, I watched myself fly down the 18 steps it takes to get to the ground faster than I ever could have imagined, grabb my staff leaned up by the front door, with it already choreographed how quickly and violently I was going to kill all three of those dogs.

Three moves - three kill shots.

I don’t even know martial arts, but in that moment I was a master with that staff through and through - it was going to be over so quickly, but when I turned to charge into the fray they were nowhere to be seen.

And then just like that I was back at the helm again, with a staff in my hand I know nothing about except to use in the occasional fire ceremony.

So it’s not something I can just turn on and off, I have no say in the matter, and it’s only happened twice.

Anyway, no doubt that as on the one hand there are those bent on setting the whole world ablaze if need be to keep their hegemonic power, so is there a counterbalance of rising Spirit you speak of.

It’s a strange dichotomy, two opposite forces in play at the same time.

I also think you’re right that these dark forces have are now well into the process of sewing the seeds of their own destruction, at times I still can’t believe what we’re witnessing. It’s been brewing below the surface for some time now, and then it surfaced when the starting gun sounded off.

Talking about your relationship with your garden is a good reminder that I need to start tuning into nature more, glad you mentioned it! There were a number of years, up until a year or so ago, that while still staying informed, I was focused primarily on spiritual practice. And that’s a good thing too as we are entering the time when we’ll need to rely on it as the great storm approaches.

(Shall we call it Hurricane Shiva?)

But one day I saw a sign that told me I needed to go double time into deep study of world events, geopolitics, great power conflict, the succession of world orders, all that kind of stuff.

And that’s a good thing as well. Looking back now, it’s amazing how much I didn’t know, but needed to know. It’s kind of like a Reese’s Peanutbutter cup: “two great tastes that taste great together”. :) They compliment each other.

So yeah, you’ve just given me another sign, that it’s now time to not focus predominantly on one or the other, but have it more 50/50. Thanks for that!

Glad to hear Luci is her perfect silly self, our pets can be such fantastic companions on our life journey, and that silliness is a big part of that. Always there to put a smile on your face, and sometimes it’s when you really need one. :)

Well damn LOL, feels like I just wrote a short story there! Oh well, been a very busy last few days, nice to have a little time again.
The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

Return to “Life in Mexico”