meanwhile....sex talk can help sort us out a bit...

“Women who love themselves are threatening; but men who love real women, more so.”
― Naomi Wolf, The Beauty Myth
Christine
Site Admin

Re: Dudes, what the f*ck is up with testosterone?

Post by Christine »

Old Wolf wrote:
Pris wrote:This 'male domination' thing of yours, Old Wolf... you do seem rather preoccupied with it. It is certainly NOT in all boys and men. I'll even go so far as to say it is NOT obvious 'if you look around'. We do live in a contrived culture that promotes it. It is certainly in you. That much is clear.
Pris, you're kidding yourself. If you want to be comfortable with that, that's your choice. It's not mine. In fact i have no choice and I don't think you understand that. I'm serious about this and that's why I'm being honest.
Friend, that is exactly what I see and intuitively know is false. Dig deeper Old Wolf, it only feels like you have no choice, these are bonds that keep one stuck. Choose Love, choose freedom, surrender and let go... Love is a choice and Love is Freedom. "That is your choice."

Gene-ra-tion makes a huge difference in how we perceive the world, she listens to those who came in after her, they are speaking in their silence. Break free.

The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Christine
Site Admin

Re: meanwhile....sex talk can help sort us out a bit...

Post by Christine »

I HAVE MANY NAMES … OLD MAN

It often feels like my heart
Is going to explode from
Ceaselessly expanding love
And grief ........... and an
Ache for healing, reconciliation
And truth to conquer.

--- Richard Hatton
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

*creeps in*

I'm doing a Gottman Institute class this year (local), and ironically we just covered the term "Meta-Emotion", or how we feel about our feelings.

Depending on how we are raised, whether our parents fostered & explained the common emotions or repressed them, determines our success in life to a huge degree according to this PhD. Of course it is very modern and a bit yuppie but it explains why we feel so strongly about the feelings we feel.

I guess folks say that when we name our feelings we get closer to understanding and mastering ourselves.

Self tolerance and its absence can be traced back to this time in our lives too. The tendency to project when a feeling is strong or our minds and hearts too rigid.

When stony ground accepts water it can soften.
Until then it's just a hard place to be. Lol
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

P.s. in. Before speciesism (is that a word) :lol:
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Pris

Post by Pris »

Old Wolf wrote:
Pris wrote:This 'male domination' thing of yours, Old Wolf... you do seem rather preoccupied with it. It is certainly NOT in all boys and men. I'll even go so far as to say it is NOT obvious 'if you look around'. We do live in a contrived culture that promotes it. It is certainly in you. That much is clear.
Pris, you're kidding yourself. If you want to be comfortable with that, that's your choice. It's not mine. In fact i have no choice and I don't think you understand that. I'm serious about this and that's why I'm being honest.
Mmmm... no, I don't think I'm kidding myself. And, I'm not interested in 'comfort'. I never said that what you are experiencing for yourself isn't valid. It is definitely valid to you from your point-of-view. And, no, I will not 'understand' that, but I do comprehend what you are saying.

We are drawing on our own experiences here. Mine are just as valid as yours. The challenge as I see it is to not let our limited, personal experiences justify a stereotype.
Last edited by Pris on Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pris

Post by Pris »

Pris wrote:.
Pris wrote:The will to dominate (both male and female energy)... the will to surrender to domination (both male and female energy)... I feel both of those desires inside me. The will to fiercely protect what is vulnerable is right there in the middle.
Christine wrote:To love, to be loved, to Be Love …
Goosebumps, Christine! It does seem really... simple. There are no absolutes... Everything is just a reflection or a distortion of love.
I need to clarify if I can... I feel that unconditional love comes first if we remember who we are... everything else is just a reflection or a distortion of that love to varying degrees.
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Old Wolf wrote:Pris, you're kidding yourself. If you want to be comfortable with that, that's your choice. It's not mine.In fact i have no choice and I don't think you understand that. I'm serious about this and that's why I'm being honest.
Old Wolf, fellows? ... I revisited this phrase of yours or rather it haunts and reverberates. So let me ask you why you would write that? Why do you feel you have no choice? It truly is a statement of certainty.

She would like to listen.

Using virtual reality for REALity.
Old Wolf

Post by Old Wolf »

Christine wrote:Old Wolf, fellows? ... I revisited this phrase of yours or rather it haunts and reverberates. So let me ask you why you would write that? Why do you feel you have no choice? It truly is a statement of certainty.
Once the truth is awakened within you, you can't turn back. There's no closing your eyes to the reality around you. You see what you see and nothing can change that, nobody can affect it. Ignorance is bliss and I know that I would love to be ignorant .. or be ignorant again. But I'm beyond that now.

No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.

Ergo I have no choice but to seek a level of understanding that I wouldn't choose to seek, were I able to ignore these issues (that confront me so frequently and with such voracity), just to get by.
Pris

Post by Pris »

Old Wolf wrote:Once the truth is awakened within you, you can't turn back. There's no closing your eyes to the reality around you. You see what you see and nothing can change that, nobody can affect it. Ignorance is bliss and I know that I would love to be ignorant .. or be ignorant again. But I'm beyond that now.

No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.

Ergo I have no choice but to seek a level of understanding that I wouldn't choose to seek, were I able to ignore these issues (that confront me so frequently and with such voracity), just to get by.
I hear absolutes... generalizing, justifying... There is always evolving, change.

I know I cannot be certain of anything and yet I often pretend to be certain of everything. One moment I'm standing firm, the next my foundation is crumbling beneath me. Anger, frustration, annoyance... This happens to me more and more. It is a ferocious dynamic caused by my resistance to a deeper knowing. The feeling is like being stripped, shredded on the inside, intensely painful... exposing my deepest fears... vulnerability, helplessness, shame...

Facing these fears, learning to forgive and love myself, releasing my pain... is perhaps the greatest gift I can give myself. Without fear, I am able to place the 'reality' I see around me beyond my need to control it.

This is a 'work-in-progress'.
Old Wolf

Post by Old Wolf »

Pris wrote:I hear absolutes... generalizing, justifying... There is always evolving, change.
You're quite within your rights to hear whatever you wish to hear. There's nothing I can nor would do about it nor do I feel the need to convince you of anything about me.

Kindly.

Return to “Sexuality”