Mental masturbation or what?

"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
-Muhammad Ali
Phil

Re: Mental masturbation or what?

Post by Phil »

. We are immersed in a great sea of information, you inform the Universe and it informs you.
I like that, and the great metaphorical seas are as plastic and polluted as our literal one, so rather than mock these "informers" or praise their good stuff while excusing the crap...approaching them with the discernment we claim to have learned is important...I agree Christine that the loving detachment is often missing, resulting in a looping forums of self-fellating (and/or self-loathing) hamsters in a wheel.

What I noticed of these guys' performances is that they've been consistently used to attach to fear and victimhood to an idea now memed into the "savior paradigm", where the "go within" idea is taken to an extreme and to look externally for help is shown to be a weakness. They preach this from the position of having direct contact with "higher beings"...which would imply that they themselves think no one should listen to them, it's a strange cognitive dissonance.

Because the underlying truth of that message and what they are doing, is peddling the fear...their reality?...that there's no beings with greater awareness or ability to manipulate this reality, apply our will to it, than us.

I'm not saying that we're NOT divine, not saying that we need divine intervention, not saying that anything about our responsibility or going within or whatever...and I love listening to sharing the reality they want me to hear them tell, so I'm not even shitting on people dropping fantastical bombs that sound utterly unbelievable and completely irrelevant. What I am saying, is instead of rehashing projections of what's wrong with Corey and what's driving DW and even how they got their fame (as I endlessly harp on) is whether any of the message that is transmitted (probably without even their awareness, possibly without any knowable individual intent) effectively operates on the collective consciousness.

What I see that these guys have done or been used for or whatever is to attach a fear on the idea of other beings (benevolently) helping us, while increasing the fear of malicious ones' manipulation of us.

(you see, I'm practicing what you preach...you are the authority on not using authoratative language) :lol:

Also...your post made me think of this, which hit my "random" (I noticed that DW pushed the idea of true "random" existing in his little sand hour glass simulation story...this is an intriguing idea to me, though has nothing to do with this video ;) )

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wl_uQOABxg[/youtube]

"Tell the fellas make it understood
It ain't no good if there's too much wood"
What is the purpose of your presence?
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

OMG Phil! I couldn't stop laughing long enough to write anything coherent for at least five minutes. You know the ability to laugh is something many "species" don't have... Joy in abundance.

Thanks, but no thanks, I am no authority. She refutes to any label, is content to BE.

Brilliant post my friend, let me also thank you for bringing up something I did find fascinating which I over looked in my post. The concept of natural order that follows chaos, after the avalanche. I fullheartedly engage with that concept, that we are a self organizing species given enough space on the dance floor. ;)
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Phil

Post by Phil »

Well, I think the distinction between random and chaos is important. I think chaos is the appearance of random, but like DW describes, it isn’t necessarily so…there’s a reason for every grain of sand to fall exactly where it does, and apparently supercomputers can track that…to the point of random, which I feel like is the real underlying but not apparent religion civilization is united under.

It is that belief, that life did not evolve for any particular reason, it’s that most apparent** cognitive dissonance embedded in the common understanding of “Darwinian Evolution” and “atheistic” view of creation, where there was nothing (or everything in a point/singularity or whatever) and then boom, everything exploded out, and evolved. Physical matter spreads out in an expanding universe in a deterministic way, while the special (not special?) life evolved by every so often having a RANDOM mutation. Thought and intent and emotions are just byproducts of our particular survival mechanisms….all life just survives because that’s what it does.

**religions tend to bring a more self aware and reality manipulating consciousness into the picture that randomly chooses (or I guess a lot of religions project some sort of intent) to create what we find ourself in

But these seem to me to be the underlying beliefs of CULTure as I understand it, and see it expressed around me. People not aware of how religious of a belief “random” is, and not realizing the profound implications if it truly can exist in our reality. We sort of hold the belief that an atom being in the space it is right now is “technically” traceable back to that “big bang” event, that it was there because of the butterfly flapping its wings in Haiti causing a hurricane in Florida or however the “effect” goes…but we tend not to think about the cause, more often than not, assigning it to that magical “random”.
What is the purpose of your presence?
Pris

Post by Pris »

Pris wrote:
Christine wrote:On the topic at hand, (omg! lmao, pun wasn't intended) I am listening to DW on the vid norman posted. Anyone have any extra face palms? I will find time to write up what I find objectionable when I have the time. Not all his information is wrong, of course! He has to show some credibility.

psst ... don't let my opinion sway you, listen for yourself. He is a fast talker with a story to sell.
I mostly can't be bothered with David Wilcock anymore (or his 'new' sidekick). David really blew it for me.
Many months back, I found out about Corey through his thread on TOT. He had something of a cult following at that time and anyone who questioned him was ridiculed, labelled a troll/agent out to get him, and/or banned from the forum. Later on, I was shocked when David announced that Corey was one of his main 'inside' contacts.

It's probably more accurate to say that David is the 'sidekick'. I don't know how long Corey was 'in' with David, but if Corey's mission was to help defame David, I think he's succeeded.

Return to “General discussions”