Zombies and You

Hermit

Re: Zombies and You

Post by Hermit »

Shezbeth wrote:I'm not sure what you're suggesting with the first and if you'll STFU, I MIGHT get around to explaining the second.

(see ppl? Zombie-like predisposition to pursue dispositional needs, in this case a desire to refute that which is not comprehended?)
Are you asking if you'd like clarification re: what I mean about your statement reflecting a kind of dialecticism?

(And I'm not sure why you're being so hostile...I hope I know you better than to think that you're assuming the hostility will push me away. ;))
Last edited by Hermit on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingressum instruas, progressum dirigas, egressum compleas.
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

Shezbeth wrote:Way to miss the point Pris...

... as usual....

So! For those who's undergarments aren't in a bunch, I'll continue. OBVIOUSLY, 'living flesh' is both a metaphorical reference, as well as a characteristic of 'artistically depicted' zombies.

The 'living flesh' in actuality (as in, with respect to the actual underlying MESSAGE) can be of any variety. Perhaps the 'flesh' is a resource; to a burglar, the 'flesh' is the property of another. Perhaps the flesh is an opportunity; to an apathetic/less-functional professional, the 'flesh' is the prevention of promotion or advancement of a qualified, suitable candidate. Even further, perhaps the flesh is literal; to a wild animal, my - or anyone's for that matter - flesh is dinner.

The world is rife with individuals, entities, organizations, etc. that are want to prey on others. A Zonbi Nin recognizes that the only thing that prevents them from engaging in the same sort of preying on is choice. And yes, that choice is STILL a dispositional motivator even to the Zonbi Nin. As I said, a Zonbi Nin recognizes that everything (biological) is a zombie, no exceptions.

Having said, a zonbi nin does NOT 'feed on' others, except those who attempt to feed on them. The phrase "Don't start none (trouble), won't BE none" is an apt summary.
But you still haven't clarified something that I think is pretty important here.

If I am to take your meaning from the posts above, anyone and everyone is a zombie at least *potentially*. So how can you, or anyone, be sure they're not behaving as a zombie as opposed to behaving as a non-zombie?

You spoke earlier about there being a constant state of dying and renewal at the cellular level. Does this mean that everyone is teetering on the edge between zombie and non-zombie?

What qualifies you as a determiner of zombie over non-zombie when you clearly can't (as of yet) provide an argument that shows that what a non-zombie may think is an ability to recognize that everything biological is a zombie, no exceptions, is not limited to the non-zombie.

What's propping this up besides saw dust?

And, dare I ask, how is this new from any other hundred dime store philosophers/prophets/new age gurus/self help mentors except that in this case, the non-zombie in question gets to be fed?

The image I have in my mind is that the difference between a non-zombie and a zombie in this point of view is a zombie has to go looking for sustenence, whereas a non-zombie is merely another term for a zombie who trains (attempts to train) zombies to bring sustenance to him.

This is basicly justification of using people for one's own needs. There's nothing new in that. Am I reading this incorrectly?

(Because if I am, it's the zombie calling the zombie black...in 20 different threads.)
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

And I'm not going to. Don't like it? Cry some more then.

If you spend your time trying to not get what I'm saying, you'll succeed (nevermind, you're already there). Likewise, if you - for just an instant - attempt to apply what I'm saying as a metaphorical overlay,... you might have different results. But, I don't care either way, that's more for the reader than you.
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

This is curious.

I'm trying to think what would happen if someone like Alvin Plantinga or Richard Dawkins responded in this way...how would people then react to anything they had to say?

Very Uncharacteristic of you. I'm confused. Why the hostility?

(FWIW, I am applying metaphorically...and I'm still ending up in the same quandary philosophically, old chap. Remember, I'm a philosophy major not a theology major. ;))

((And your friend. At least I still think so.))
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

Last edited by Shezbeth on Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

Pris

Post by Pris »

Shezbeth wrote:Way to miss the point Pris...

... as usual....

So! For those who's undergarments aren't in a bunch, I'll continue. OBVIOUSLY, 'living flesh' is both a metaphorical reference, as well as a characteristic of 'artistically depicted' zombies.
Yes, obviously. How... convenient for you. LOL.

No worries.

It's just a meat-aphorical Pizza Kitteh...

...when it's not being metaphorical.

................Huh?

Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

One good turn deserves another eh?

Have fun with your kitteh pics (and lack of substance) Pris!

<click>

My my, this sudden lack of pestilent interjection is delightful!

"I have no flaws...

Pris

Post by Pris »

"To meat or not to meat. That is the question."

Meat-aphorically speaking...

Pris

Post by Pris »

Shezbeth wrote:One good turn deserves another eh?

Have fun with your kitteh pics (and lack of substance) Pris!

<click>

My my, this sudden lack of pestilent interjection is delightful!
So glad you're enjoying yourself. ;)

Don't get too comfortable.

Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

Last edited by Shezbeth on Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I have no flaws...

Return to “The Dojo - Zonbi Ninshu”