Synchronistic Nightmares? 0_0

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before."
-Edgar Allan Poe
Naga_Fireball

Synchronistic Nightmares? 0_0

Post by Naga_Fireball »

This one is very sad stuff. I was filling out forms yesterday afternoon and evening prior to winding down for bed. And lemme tell ya, I was almost grateful for the heat that day because it made me tired, and the same week that my offline PC monitor cables went missing (messy), I managed to get a disc stuck in our ancient Egyptian 5-disc Sony. Now all it does is click click.

To add to the motherfarking torture, the loud possibly Scientologist neighbor with phone addiction has been extra gd loud and nasty this week. It's not just her mustard and pickles voice. It's how loud that phone gets on speakermode. Not great entertainment, and fishing in 100° is stupid when the hole is 7 miles away etc.

But the paperwork was in regards to my little boy and his changing placement. There was a section that asked about nightmares. I figured for certain there's a thing he dreams about, but did not dwell on it. I shallowly went on to enjoy my evening and go to bed.

Well this morning around 10:00. I have the same nightmare that i assumed my son suffers. I don't want to tell all details, but it took me about half an hour to realize what had happened.

This child is truly remarkable.
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Pluto's Child

Re: Synchronistic Nightmares? 0_0

Post by Pluto's Child »

This would have been better placed in members only & more details given

It is intimate & very personal, but meaningless to the rest of us without more detail.

I understand the deep upset & thats' why I ask that this be more within "the group"
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Thanks for the insight regarding privacy. However, one thing we can openly discuss is how the often disjointed and chaotic nature of dreams can cause the "echoes" of a trauma to feel and effectively BE worse than the original experience.

At least, that has been my experience with nightmares, that often the dream (the processing of trauma and revisiting trauma) can be a lot worse than what actually happened in "real life".

For example, getting nicked by the bumper of a car in the pant leg IRL , then dreaming later about being chased down by cars and having a real car phobia after . in this case the dream is more terrifying than reality.

Because we expect sleep to be restful, I suppose. But our dream lives can literally sap the energy out of our bodies when we are caught in a cycle of repetitive nightmares.

Another example is dreaming of physical struggle or being overpowered or receiving a negative gesture indicative of violence. The dream can be altogether worse than real life because there is often no cause and effect in dreams.
~William Cowper
Pluto's Child

Post by Pluto's Child »

Very true about dreams / astral experiences being worse than real life, or at least it is in my experience, and the waking up more tired & exhausted then when I went to bed.

Re the synchronistic part, the connections in the astral show beyond doubt it is another realm of existence & not an attribute of the sleeping brain, so it's not surprising you should share experiences with your son, "primitive" peoples see that type of thing as a normal part of life.
Fredkc

Post by Fredkc »

Had me one of them "Synchronistic" things, yup!
Was a li'l different, though.

In Long Beach, Ca is a place called The Eye Of The Cat
A Google reveals this desc.:"Store selling standard & scarce occult items from incense to spell books, plus spiritual readings."
Your basic "Wicca supply store".

The original owner of the place was a great woman named Judy. She and my 1st ex-wife, Lora, became fast friends, and for a time Lora worked there. Lora had been around such things since birth, with daily doses from her grandmother (a friend of Manly Palmer Hall).

Anyway, FFWD about 6 years, and a young kid who was hanging around the shop, asked Judy for a job. He seemed a bit too eager, full of himself, showy, to inflict on her customers, so she declined.

Aside: This is a very typical thing. Young people, curious about the off-beat, a bit awkward socially, will wander into Wicca. Some stay, many don't. But when things get weird, you wind up with someone who thinks they now have "mastery of all power", eager to exert their influence, wherever they can. Basically, the kind who is a real pain, until they either get humble, or get out. You know... a "newbie". Turns out, it fit him to a T.

So... its 6 yrs later, 2 AM. I'm at my place when I "wake up into a dream". Lora & Judy have come by, they want my help. "There's this big ugly guy hanging around the shop. We can't get him to leave." So, off to the shop we go.

We go in, and sure enough, there is this huge guy, looking at all the herb jars. He looks about 7 ft. tall, gotta be about 400 lbs. Yup... he's ugly, too.

Judy, now with backup, tells him, several times, it's time to leave. Lora tries. I try. He never speaks. Never even acknowledges our presence. Just the same bland look, staring at the herb jars.

Finally, I walk over to him, and with a "C'mon guy, its time to leave." I put my hand on his shoulder, to nudge him towards the door. That's when things got interesting.

He whirled on me. He's still 7 ft. tall. Except now he is about 280 lbs., and something between Thor, and Hercules, with an evil looking grin. Oh, and he is completely covered in flames.

He tossed me around a bit, then leaped on me like a cat. Both hands around my throat, he's choking me, and pounding my head on the floor. Just before I pass out, I wake up, in my bed, covered in sweat, wondering, "What in the HELL was that?"

The next day, I called Lora. Turns out, same time, she was having the same dream. Later, she called Judy... same thing.

Another aside: One of the first things you learn about stuff is, you never talk about a "working". Mostly because, talking about it dissipates the energy.

Of course, "newbie" don't know that, and can't help himself. That was how, about a week later, we found out that the kid had either joined, or started a group, and what we faced was "a construct" of his, sent to harass Judy, for not hiring him.

Anyway, a synchronous dream.
Fred

PS: I wonder... did the Kid put this "working" on his resume, for future jobs? hmmmm...
Life IS mystical. It's just that we're used to it.
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

That is hardcore. @@
~William Cowper
Fredkc

Post by Fredkc »

Oh yeah. real interesting.
I can understand the lack of maturity, giving someone the urge to do this, but the actual making... wow. He couldn't possibly have thought it through. The whole idea of letting something like that loose to satisfy a wounded ego, just ain't smart.

Neither am I the kind who'd consider doing that kind of battle, on a regular basis, something I'd want to do. Fortunately things like that haven't come my way, very often.

Spoken to 1 or 2 people who do that kind of thing more often. It wears on them. I'm thinking the fact they have a "Want to" makes it hard for them to detach. Seems like a lot of energy that would be better placed elsewhere.

Fred
Life IS mystical. It's just that we're used to it.
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Pluto's Child might be interested in the thread in this section about pillows nightmare, it actually has a lot to do with the thing i was trying to share earlier about my son.

Different yet so similar that it is eerie

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=918" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~William Cowper

Return to “Dream Journal”