Road tripping to Norh Dakota in my minivan (need supplies to bring)

“The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention.”
― Kahlil Gibran
Spiritwind

Re: Road tripping to Norh Dakota in my minivan (need supplies to bring)

Post by Spiritwind »

It's no wonder that for some unknown reason this video is not viewable from the forum. It still is on Facebook. So, the guy filming and talking is clearly not a professional in this type of thing. The camera bobs around a lot as they move around. It shows a line of cars on a dirt access road into where they are trying to meet up, and military vehicles jamming the road on both sides so they can't leave. The man speaking keeps saying that their ability to get into their Facebook accounts has been blocked. They have State Police out there with their weapons drawn, helicopters flying overhead. It's pointed out that there is also an airplane outfitted for crop dusting. It is said that it has tear gas ready to spray on the crowd. They are searching vehicles, many have riot gear on, and at one point the crowd begins to shout that they are there to pray, and emphatically and repeatedly state they have no weapons. Clearly there is an atmosphere of fear being projected, with some wanting to start running for their lives. Also an armored vehicle arrived on the scene. I gotta get going on my daily chores, but thought I would give a brief rundown for those not able to see this short video.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Phil

Post by Phil »

Second day at camp, starting to get my bearings. My spot doesn't have great reception and I don't wanna be a douche on my phone the whole time, so forgive the infrequent updates. Here's what I posted on the book:

What's going on in North Dakota goes way beyond the natives, and even the rest of us that need the water from the Missouri...a lot of people here see this as a sort of "final battle". I'm not sure it's exactly that, but if we beat the oil company/government here it may set a precedent for change (from what I understand is sorely needed now in Utah where the same type thing is happening).

It's a weird sort of game, both sides strategizing, making moves...it's a long game where even though something big seems eminent, the pipe team probably has to see the "move" of the human team lasting through the winter as a huge victory. I have no doubt the warriors here (hopefully with more help from us outside) can beast through it.

It makes it kinda scary though, cuz if they realize that (which I gotta think they will/do) they're gonna have to make a big move. I suspect the best way is infiltration, with all the diversity of folks here there's all the social issues that come with it...plus apparently there's a "weekend warrior" type that try to come to this place party...so far they're doing a good job to keep it from becoming a circus but if I were the "bad guys", I'd use that to try to cause internal conflict

With so many heart-centered people focused on service to humanity, that won't work though...They can't win...send all the love and energy and prayers this way that you can ❤️
What is the purpose of your presence?
Phil

Post by Phil »

I'm sitting in the ER in Bismarck, while I was washing dishes at lunch time I heard someone on the mic ask for a help giving someone at medical tent for a ride. So I went and got him and now I wait to see what they do with his troubles breathing (he has sleep apnia).

I realized a little bit in the ride the conversation I was trying to drum was a struggle for him so shut up, but not before learning he was of the "7 tribes" of Utah that weren't ever recognized (and so would not be treated at the Indian joint closer). Apparently they were "legally" recognized by treaty in 2015 but he is an activitst trying to make it "really" recognized....of all the flags of all the nations that have shown up apparently they won't fly theirs. Hopefully they are fixing him, nice thing about ND ERs is that there's no wait, I've had the waiting room to myself for the whole time, one other person has come in

Anyways, this is an amazing experience. My "chopping wood and carrying water" has mostly been doing dishes and other menial stuff, but this morning was he best hanging with "security", the native Rod we were helping was so awesome and full of stories...out of the blue he said "we aren't alone here...did you see the ships last night?" And told us about how the giant one that has been hanging over seemed to split and part descended and landed over the hill...it was surreal how matter of fact he was and how validating it was to my friend.
Phil

Post by Phil »

He also told us how a bunch of "horses" came through his gate last night, the people who were with them heard them too (but nothing visible was there)...it's wild out here

The first person we encountered was a dude from Maryland who taught permaculture in Baltimore bought a bus and rallied 15 people (and chickens and rabbits) and boasted on up. The second was a group three native kids, the youngest of which says "oh you found my glasses" and yanked my shades off my face.

I didn't want to start an incident but I was but irked he didn't ask (I'd have given them to him), and ran into them shortly after and had fun trying to barter but the punk wouldn't bite. Later I saw him on the back of horse and was too in my own head to notice he was riding bareback, backwards...whuch his older friend pointed out when we He rode up by us later wearing my glasses

The kid told us his cousin (the little one that took my glasses) was a direct descendent of Crazy Horse...
Phil

Post by Phil »

Thanks spirit wind for doing that, not only did we see the signs but we need to stop there on the way back Iowa, my dad has a collection of tacky coffee cups with his grandkids' name from his cross country trip with my brother last summer...I have to complete his collection as my sister just a kid in June...he will get a kick out of your comment
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Remind me to upload an image of the standing rock artwork i drew in seattle years ago.

Its a white man in native clothes looking up sadly at a rock pillar with a larger stone on top resembling a nuclear blast.

Hugs to my activist friends @@
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Phil

Post by Phil »

So I'm just outside Indianapolis, stopping on way home...got into conversation with some dudes in hotel who when I told them what I was doing tell me there's friggin buildings in LA that are just cover to pump oil out of the ground there--anyone hear anything about that??

The way we live is complete madness. It's terrifying how easily and well reality can be distorted

Standing Rock is a nexus point, the front line... it was amazing to see the tribes from all over the land trying to come together.

This shit is real, if we can bring some sanity there, there's definitely hope
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

I am super proud that an EE member went there and got to see something like that. Wishing my car did not randomly die after long hauls. Turbo flaggin ; (

Thank you for the update, I've been kind of wondering how that went @@. You are very brave.

It truly is a nexus point. . I agree with that assessment.

<0>
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Phil, so good to hear you are well, you've been much on my mind dear friend. Get a hold of me once you are settled.

I woke this morning with my own words ringing in my head... I was at a lunch with some older folks and as is my wont I will move the conversation to awakening to truth, anything less than that is so unpalatable for me for it is either a deep conversation, embracing my work or laughing as much as possible, the tones and timbers of my life.

So Louis, a black man who I really adore was challenging me on the fact that we can't do anything even if what I say is true (government corruption, purposeful degradation of the environment, etc.) Being black he had been an activist, was well educated, had worked on social projects in Uganda in Africa for many years. He is approaching 80 and I suppose I could have left him alone though he seemed to liven up as we continued our debate... his insistence was that "people" won't do anything out of ignorance and apathy. To which I totally agreed.

I found myself saying, "That is why I stand like a rock in my truth and if you and others would do the same the world would change, what do you choose?" I have an image of thousands, then millions of human beings standing in the stillness of their knowing, no fear emanating from the deepest core of truth. We are the Standing Rocks, and then I see all the ancient rock circles the whole planet round, we are those standing rocks.

If we could just grasp how powerful we really are.

So many waves of deep emotions continue to break on my shore ... this image of "we the people, immortal and strong" resonates from a place we are just beginning to recognize. Transmitting this to each other scattered across the globe we are overwriting our fake history. May the strength of our words backed by conviction reach those who need them most.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Phil

Post by Phil »

What I learned is that as much as apathy and ignorance prevent people from trying...emotional triggers easily disrupt and deflect those who actually do. Channeling your emotional toward a cause can be more damaging than sitting on the sidelines, if not balanced with clear thought

It's a delicate converge in that crucial spot, easily triggered from the outside. But the medicine of the place and the people is stronger there, that's what makes it the front line in a very real battle, (as the most respected elder we met confirmed) bigger than just the "black snake"

Return to “Calls to Action”