Farm Life

''Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.''
-Bruce Lee
Spiritwind

Re: Farm Life

Post by Spiritwind »

Greetings! Many people in the US will be celebrating Thanksgiving with their families today. I realize for many it is also a time of sorrow, as the holiday as presented to us is not truthful, and behind it is the genocide of much of the population that was here before the Pilgrims arrived on the scene (this has been done over and over, all over the world, so none of us are exempt). Having grown up as a Jehovah’s Witness I was taught a great deal about all our holidays, so learned early on the fabricated nature of most all of them. For me, though, I will take every opportunity to share food with friends and family, cultivate stronger bonds of caring with those in my life, and express gratitude for the many blessings I have received from nature and the spirit world. I can’t right the wrongs of the past, or even of the present, but I can interject a different presence, and a different energy. As much as there is the dark magic of hate, lies, and harm, there is also the energy of love, healing, gratitude, and forgiveness. White magic, if you will. It has everything to do with what you focus on. I’m sharing an old photo from the early 80’s of me and my sister and our 4 oldest children, my two boys, and her daughter and son, along with our grandmother. For about 20 years my sister was not in my life, due to her choice, but about three years ago she came back in to my life, and I feel immense gratitude and happiness about that. Patience is indeed a virtue.

My heart goes out to all who are suffering in these dark times. If you see someone in need, don’t walk on by. It’s up to each of us to create a different reality. It’s up to us to hold onto what makes humans worthy of saving, and embracing our more virtuous qualities. Giving thanks is something we can do every day. Much love to all....

I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....

Return to “Express yourself”